• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I thought Albert Speer's own book was a very clever way of saying, "Me? No, it wasn't me, guv. I'm just an architect." Which was basically bollocks. Gita Sereny's Albert Speer: His Battle With Truth is a brilliant and more balanced analysis of him. He is a fascinating character though.

It may well be as I haven't managed to read it, this doesn't take away its significance as an Historical text, he was there and at the very top of the most evil regime to tear through Europe. (Angela Merkel aside - Obvious Joke alert!)

I was studying History when I got it so I doubt I'll ever finish it

I might have a look at that one SLA, its on a long bloody list at the moment though. Just reading Alan McGhee's AB so it might be a bit of a jump between the two.

Yes his Architecture was between brutalism and just borrowed off the Romans.

If you'd have waited a bit longer you'd have also seen dancing Storm Troopers. Which Simon Cowell said was the best thing he'd even seen. Tripe.

Thank goodness I didn't watch it for long. Apparently it is on again tonight. Looks like I will have to get a book out.

What you reckon? I enjoyed it.

Yep, a good first episode. There was a lot in there which didn't appear in the comics which sort of detracted from it for me a bit (Tulip with the kids and the 'copter, Cassidy on the plane, the abusive husband/dad, the other Preachers who Genesis tried first) but I started to look past it after a while. Great to see Arseface 'in the flesh' though, great character. Looking forward to how it will pan out, shame we have to wait two weeks for the next episode.

Not read the comics, but hopefully will get round to it someday.

Robert Kirkman's Outcast is something else I want to check out.

Wayward Pines season two starts in early June.

I think I need to have a long chat with the good lady, I just walked in to see a performing dog on the inappropriately titled, "Britains got talent".

Ah nice. A bit better than series two I think. Billy Bob is awesome in it.
Just finished Fargo S1 now. Excellent stuff. Will watch S2 next but I can't see it being as good.

Oh my God. New Top Gear is fucking tragic.

Bring back Clarkson and co fucking now.

I like Matt Le Blanc and Sabine but I can't stand Chris Evans' voice. Especially when narrating.

Seems ok to me, not as good as the last top gear but that was getting a bit wearying anyway.

I can't listen to Evans. Le Blanc was decent enough but they should have just knocked the whole thing on the head. As Tredman says, it was dying anyway.

They needed to completely change the format if it was going to be successful.

Good to see an article on the BBC website lauding the return of the programme. They have never done this with other stuff. I think it will last a series and that is it.

I was kinda hoping it would be a car show once again, I don't think the new presenters are bad it's just a bit dull.

Only thing I've enjoyed about top gear for a while has been the overseas specials, don't think that will change.

*they do get bonus points for playing hocus pocus though.

I didn't even realise it was starting tonight, so well done BBC in promoting that.
Will check it out on iplayer tomorrow.

Watching Top Gear now to see what all the fuss is about. Its fine, can't understand the panning its getting.

I think Evans is well suited to the role TBH.

Back