• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

And Philomena Cunk on Shakespeare was very funny. Not sure there's really enough there to sustain a full half hour but she does have some excellent lines penned for her by Charlie Brooker.

'The Hollow crown' - has been brilliant (BBC2)

Basically GoT without the breasts or dragons - but with plenty of gore

Shakespeare brought to the point that it is understandable - wish I had seen this rather than trying to read the text when I was 16

But then what's the point..?

If you want breasts and/or dragons there are probably other mediums you can use :icon_biggrin:

Just that Shakespeare is so much better when watched rather than read & dissected as I had to do as a 15 yr old as one of his plays was mandatory for the Eng Literature O level - put me off for years

Nearly finished the first series of Gomorrah.

It's absolutely brilliant tv. So good I'm torn between wanting to watch them all and not wanting to watch it to make it last longer.

Preacher starts this Sunday on AMC in the US so should be over here very soon just not sure what channel. Keep an eye out for it, should be a quality show.

EDIT: Fucking Amazon Prime 23rd May.

Nearly finished the first series of Gomorrah.

It's absolutely brilliant tv. So good I'm torn between wanting to watch them all and not wanting to watch it to make it last longer.
Hurry up S2 has started!

I can't see anywhere else to put this so I'll put it in here.

For those people with expensive Sky TV contracts, now is the perfect time (end of the football season) to cancel and get a better price.

I rang and cancelled my complete package today. I got offered 25% off on the phone, which I declined. Logged in to the Sky Service App and was immediately greeted with a 50% off offer.

According to Hot deals UK you can also get an extra £50 credit if you go to the website and go on the "thinking of coming back to Sky" webchat and tell them you've had the £50 credit offer on top (lots of people have had this by email) and they'll give it to you no hassles.

More info here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/75-o...ific-number-3-weeks-1741671?page=122#comments

Watching Alfie's Boys on BBC2, listening to Alf Ramsey I know now who Chris Eubank modelled his accent on.

Just finished binge watching Versailles with George Blagdon due to air on BBC2 from June 1. Surprisingly excellent, now just a damned long wait till season 2 :(

I watched the first episode of Fargo earlier as I've only just got round to it.

Really good stuff. I hope it keeps up that sort of quality.

Ah nice. A bit better than series two I think. Billy Bob is awesome in it.

Preacher starts this Sunday on AMC in the US so should be over here very soon just not sure what channel. Keep an eye out for it, should be a quality show.
What you reckon? I enjoyed it.

I see that Banshee has started S4 on Sky. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Back