• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The James Franco thing where he goes back in time to stop Lee Harvey Oswald
is pretty good...its named after the date jfk was shot.

11.22.63 (or 22/11/63 as it should be)

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of that

The James Franco thing where he goes back in time to stop Lee Harvey Oswald
is pretty good...its named after the date jfk was shot.

11.22.63 is another one I've got on record to watch. It's one of my favourite Stephen King novels so hopefully it can do the book justice.

GoT is back - huzzah!!!

And I managed to watch it without reading any spoilers. Kodi came up trumps for me - a perfect HD stream.

We were delighted that the boost for our broadband speed meant no buffering on Now-TV last night for GoT.

It was superb, btw.

WARNING!!! Spoilery shit from last night's Game of Thrones below:

Yeah, decent episode. I didn't expect them to sort out the Jon Snow saga right away so it was no shock there, but I think my prediction will come true. Maybe by about episode 3 or 4? I hope they don't string it out for the whole series.

I did enjoy the brutal Dorne subplot - now THAT wasn't what I was expecting!!

It's actually quite refreshing to have no idea about what is going to happen whatsoever now the books have been overtaken!!

WARNING!!! Spoilery shit from last night's Game of Thrones below:

Yeah, decent episode. I didn't expect them to sort out the Jon Snow saga right away so it was no shock there, but I think my prediction will come true. Maybe by about episode 3 or 4? I hope they don't string it out for the whole series.

I did enjoy the brutal Dorne subplot - now THAT wasn't what I was expecting!!

It's actually quite refreshing to have no idea about what is going to happen whatsoever now the books have been overtaken!!

Massive waste of Alexander Siddig though.

Not got round to watching any of Game of Thrones yet.

There's a guy in our office who this morning revelled in spoiling it for those who do watch it, but had not seen the latest episode.

Found out later he'd not finished the latest series of The Walking Dead yet....so slipped out the season ending. Woops.

I'll get round to GoT tonight, been buzzing for this for ages.

Just finished 11.22.63 - it was surprisingly good, the last two episodes especially.

Good to see an American TV show not being dragged out too long either; 8 was just right.

Just finished 11.22.63 - it was surprisingly good, the last two episodes especially.

Good to see an American TV show not being dragged out too long either; 8 was just right.

I'm 3 episodes in - it's absolutely nowhere near as good as the book

Are we establishing a time limit to discuss GoT or do we have to wait till season 6 ??

No idea but I thought the first episode of season 6 was very good

Just a suggestion, but does GoT warrant it's own thread, as Dr Who does?

It was discussed around series 4 and decided against. Just use spoiler tags when discussing the episodes. It really isn't that difficult.

Apparently, HBO are working on the next WW2 mini series to follow Band of Brothers and The Pacific, called 'Masters of the Air'.

Apparently, HBO are working on the next WW2 mini series to follow Band of Brothers and The Pacific, called 'Masters of the Air'.
Great news. That's the first I'd heard of it.

I watched Mary Beard's programme on about the Roman empire last night which was excellent. Nice to see a historical documentary that isn't stuffed full of stupid recreations and to have a presenter who knows her stuff but isn't always trying to be the cleverest person in the room. And who wasn't just hired because she looks good in shorts.

Back