• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I am absolutely loving it personally. And I was a complete fanboi of the original.

Me too, but equally i was a massive fanboi of the original (even forced myself to watch all of Millenium too..)

I thought episode three was great stuff. I was concerned about it as those who had watched ahead had slated it, but I thought it was a terrific stand alone. Alright, not up there with things like Eugene Tooms in series one, but very little is.

I liked ep 3 too, was a great stand alone random episode.

The whole series seems to have not got a great reaction though, so i guess it could be the last we see of it.

Me too, but equally i was a massive fanboi of the original (even forced myself to watch all of Millenium too..)

Millennium was great. Watched them all twice through I think.

I liked Millenium too. I recall being disappointed when it was dropped.

On the new x-files series, think I'm undecided. I quite like it, but can see why some don't.

Nope. Series 11 has already got the green light I believe.
Fox want to do more, it just depends on the schedules of Duchovny and Anderson.

I liked episodes 2 and 4. The rest were nonsense. Especially the first and last. And that ending... WTF!! Just awful.

Episode 3 was supposed to be fun and it kind of was, but it ended up as laughing AT the series rather than with it IMO.

We were watching the ending last night and turned it off 3 quarters of the way through, it seemed rushed and very very plastic, didn't feel like an X Files episode at all, it felt like one of the newer programmes on Sky trying to do a version of an X Files episode.

As yet I have only seen episodes 1-3 as I have to wait for Channel 5. I will let you know when I have seen them all.

Completely disagree with Bear about episode 1. Thought that was great.

Really? It was every conspiracy theory nonsense they could think of thrown at the screen in the hope it would make it sound mysterious.

"Vinyl" Episode 2
Fantastic programme, loved the Velvet Underground part and great to see Ray Romano play a more adult role.

Bobby Cannavale is pretty much fucking awesome in everything.

Watched 3rd episode of Happy Valley on the I Player

Either they have sorted out the sound problems/it comes over better on the I Player or my ears are getting attuned but I could actually hear all of it without going 'what did she say'?

Watched 3rd episode of Happy Valley on the I Player

Either they have sorted out the sound problems/it comes over better on the I Player or my ears are getting attuned but I could actually hear all of it without going 'what did she say'?

"Gritty Drama"

Making a Murderer is just brilliant. Gets better and more shocking the longer it goes on.

I need to watch the rest of those - about halfway through and it is a total head fuck.

I've been meaning to get round to watching that. The Jinx looks pretty decent as well.

Got some monotonous database number crunching to do tonight (get me partying on a Friday night!) so I've got An Idiot Abroad on whilst I do it.

I'm hurting. It's fucking hilarious.

I need to watch the rest of those - about halfway through and it is a total head fuck.

I've been meaning to get round to watching that. The Jinx looks pretty decent as well.

Finished watching them all now in just over a week (joys of working from home all week ;) ).

It's absolutely amazing TV and every episode from start to finish is just WTF.

Back