• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Thanks to Tapatalk not hiding spoilers in the preview bit, I just saw a little of what you wrote :(

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Oh shit, sorry...thought I was safe putting it in spoilers. Wish I hadn't put anything now!

Shows a spoiler box fine on my Tapatalk. I can't see what's in it.

I'm using an older version though.

It's shown spoilers in the preview (ie the two lines you see before you open up a thread) since forever for me. I flagged it up about two years ago and no-one believed me!

Missed the final episode of suits on dave.
Anyone know if the show will be repeated? Looks to me like a new series starts soon, which would be weird, as I thought the last series was new. The dave website isn't too helpful in showing future schedulings.

Shows a spoiler box fine on my Tapatalk. I can't see what's in it.

I'm using an older version though.

It shows the spoiler box in the thread, but if the last reply that you see in the preview in the topic list has spoiler tags, they don't work and it will just show the content.

Missed the final episode of suits on dave.
Anyone know if the show will be repeated? Looks to me like a new series starts soon, which would be weird, as I thought the last series was new. The dave website isn't too helpful in showing future schedulings.

Try TVGuide.co.uk - I think that says when things are repeated when you click into the programme descriptions.

Marvellous episode of Happy Valley last night.

The final episode is next week and I'm struggling to see how they can tie up all the various plot lines into just one hour. The last series was great but I think that this one is even better.

What a bit of compulsive tv that is.
Unremittingly grim though. So dark and sparsely sprinkled with broken fragments of humour.
Humour?? well....
I saw a bit of a thing which showed how they responded to complaints about 'mumbling' and 'undecipherable dialogue'.
Fascinating!
They polish it, they over dub it, they reshoot scenes, they digitally enhance chunks of it.... they have great long meetings about the quality of the dialogue as it goes out.
I've only had a problem with 2 short bits that I had to rewind and play again....

Marvellous episode of Happy Valley last night.

The final episode is next week and I'm struggling to see how they can tie up all the various plot lines into just one hour. The last series was great but I think that this one is even better.

Agree entirely - just watched on I Player (well its been pouring with rain/howling a gale down here all day - I'm retired & can do what I want whenever)

A lot to pull together in one hour so hope they make it plausible - no reason to think that they won't as its been quality so far

It's a shame this is only 6 episodes, they could have easily made 10 high quality episodes with the plot lines in this series and it would never feel padded out. I agree this series is even better.

Excellent final episode of Happy Valley. One of the things that sets it apart for me is humorous little details like the farcical car chase and leaving the handbrake off. Even though the storyline is far-fetched in Midsomer Murders kind of way (all that crime in one little town, all major developments brought about the by the heroine) these bits keep it feeling real. Brilliant writing.

Excellent final episode of Happy Valley. One of the things that sets it apart for me is humorous little details like the farcical car chase and leaving the handbrake off. Even though the storyline is far-fetched in Midsomer Murders kind of way (all that crime in one little town, all major developments brought about the by the heroine) these bits keep it feeling real. Brilliant writing.

I think you're spot on SLA, I think this particular facet was done so well by the Sopranos and Happy Valley has that same feel for the writing.

The x files.
Well really confused by that ending. Seems they engineered a 2 part story, where the last episode had to finish the series. They then had to smuggle in an ep or 2 in the middle of the 2 parter to introduce these 2 new characters.
Then, that ending, just WTF?

Back