• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched episode 1 of The People Versus OJ Simpson last night.

Really pleasantly surprised. David Schwimmer is really good, Cuba Gooding Jr is even better and John Travolta manages to steal every scene he's in. I'm waiting until I'm next at the GFs to watch episode 2, but it's off to a very strong start!
Downloaded the first 4 episodes. Currently on episode 2 and it's all good so far.

Watched Dead Man Weds again after finding a download of it. Dave Spikey's show after PN.

Had forgot a lot about it and half way through the series was wondering why it was cancelled - Good, gentle humour, certainly would have been a lot worse on TV at the time. Then the final episode happened and it was clear...ludicrous ending with a 30ft Turkey terrorising the locals over Chithole Moor. Such a shame as the rest of it was very good.

As I've said before, I don't really watch much TV beyond news and sport. Decided to give Churchill's Secret on ITV a go tonight.

Michael Gambon was excellent (as you'd expect) but the programme itself just reminded me why I rarely bother. Nothing engaging about the script, clumsy scene setting, uninteresting peripheral characters and instantly forgettable.

Proper facepalm moment this morning talking to a lad at work. He's a big Game Of Thrones fan and I've often chatted to him about it over the years.

I mentioned today that the show has now overtaken the books. "what books?" he says... Yes he had no idea that they are based on a series of books, even though he's been a huge fan of the show for years. I'm sure I've mentioned the occasional difference between books and show as well over the years. What a numpty.

Yeah I know. It's kerazy where I work.

The Prosecutors on BBC4, fascinating insight into the crown prosecution service.

Stewart Lee on BBC2 :D

Did anyone watch One Child on BBC2?

I liked the premise of it but thought the end result was a bit poor, some of it made very little sense and there was a lot of stuff completely skipped or glossed over because it was only 3 parts.

The 12th Season of Deadliest Catch starts at the end of this month. Just reading Sig Hansen suffered a heart attack during filming of this season.

The 12th Season of Deadliest Catch starts at the end of this month. Just reading Sig Hansen suffered a heart attack during filming of this season.

Oh shit! He's my favourite character too. It really is a gruelling profession. 3/4 days with minimal sleep, hauling pots in all sorts of rough conditions.

Watched a new Swedish drama on More4 last night - 'Thicker than Water'

Once you got past the fact that it is in Swedish with subtitles has some promise. Dark with a load of undercurrents within the family and numerous sub plots that will need expanding on.

Suspect it will either turn out to be very good or one that by week 4 no one will have any idea what is going on

Oh shit! He's my favourite character too. It really is a gruelling profession. 3/4 days with minimal sleep, hauling pots in all sorts of rough conditions.
Don't think I've seen him without a cigarette in his hand in the previous 11 seasons.

The Night Manager took a bit to get going for me, but really enjoying it now!

Up to episode 7 of Walking Dead season 6...

GLENN'S NOT DEAD!!! I don't think I've ever been so relieved by a character not being killed off!

Back