• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Chris Harris is very good. A seriously good journalist and a good laugh. I can't stand Evans or Irvine though.

Anyone else gonna be watching The Night Manager when it comes on? Looks pretty good.

Anyone else gonna be watching The Night Manager when it comes on? Looks pretty good.

Yep. Haven't seen anything about it but someone was talking about it at work. Sounds pretty decent.

Managed to watch the entirety of Breaking Bad in less than 3 weeks, best series I've ever seen. Using the spin off, Better Call Saul, to ease my withdrawal symptoms.

Managed to watch the entirety of Breaking Bad in less than 3 weeks, best series I've ever seen. Using the spin off, Better Call Saul, to ease my withdrawal symptoms.
Top work. Better Call Saul starts again soon.

The pilot for Vinyl just dropped..thought id enjoy it and I was right.
Great New York Dolls tribute at the beginning.

The new episode of The Walking Dead - utterly preposterous, manically stupid, just wall to wall violence, blood, guts and gore.

I fucking loved it.

The new episode of The Walking Dead - utterly preposterous, manically stupid, just wall to wall violence, blood, guts and gore.

I $#@!ing loved it.

me too. it just about gets away with the preposterous.

I've only ever seen a little bit of The Walking Dead but it did nothing to tempt me into more.

Think it was a fairly recent series, inside the last 6-12 months, they'd found some massive gathering of undead in some old quarry or something and had decided to lead them out to massacre them, sounded promising. They planned some big scheme to lead them all away from the the quarry and then they'd dupe them into charging into some massive wall they'd built, or so I assumed, in reality they gently strolled towards what was little more than a badly erected fence but then their heads were caving in on the most slight of contacts.

Just ended up being so mundane, I'd have thought there'd be thousands of rabid dead fuckers storming around trying to eat people or something and a huge kerfuffle to fight them off, it just killed all the drama from the way they'd set it up with this apocalyptic swarm on the horizon.

Watched inbetweeners for the first time last nigh.

Very childish, but made me laugh a lot.

I suffered from Parkins disease (not Parkinsons) whilst watching Happy Valley last night. Had to turn the sound up and down in places and rewind for bits I didn't grasp the first time around.

SLA was right about the comedy included however it doesn't detract from what is shaping to be another disturbing series.

I suffered from Parkins disease (not Parkinsons) whilst watching Happy Valley last night. Had to turn the sound up and down in places and rewind for bits I didn't grasp the first time around.

SLA was right about the comedy included however it doesn't detract from what is shaping to be another disturbing series.

Haven't got round to watching last night's yet so no spoilers of the bits you could understand.

I $#@!ing loved it.
How big is that gated community?...they started walking when it was light and then its dark...ridiculous.
Pretty glad that kid and his mother got offed though...i mean anyone who lets their kid have an haircut like that should be eaten alive.

If you're going to discuss people getting killed off can you use the spoiler function please as I haven't after watching season 6 yet.

Watched episode 1 of The People Versus OJ Simpson last night.

Really pleasantly surprised. David Schwimmer is really good, Cuba Gooding Jr is even better and John Travolta manages to steal every scene he's in. I'm waiting until I'm next at the GFs to watch episode 2, but it's off to a very strong start!

Class of 92 getting a 2nd series, so another close up look at Salford City

Camera's have been with them all season again (explains why BBC took both their FA Cup games then....)

Back