• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Having now watched the whole thing, the adaptation of War and Peace has been nothing short of magnificent. A wonderful piece of television. Loved it.

Me too, really good adaptation.

I think the radio version from last year was ever better though.

Started Man In The High Castle with my mate on Saturday. Seems interesting enough to start with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2016/06/greece-with-simon-reeve

Something to look out for - I really like Simon Reeve's travel documentaries. And he is a very nice bloke as well. And I'm going to Greece in September.

That looks good. My wife's dad lives on Crete (as did we for a bit) so it'll be interesting to see that episode.

This was on last night - an excellent programme. Did you see it, SLA? They did a good section on Crete. That nutty priest with the gun was awesome! I found the bit about the refugees arriving in Lesbos really moving as well.

This was on last night - an excellent programme. Did you see it, SLA? They did a good section on Crete. That nutty priest with the gun was awesome! I found the bit about the refugees arriving in Lesbos really moving as well.

No, just caught the very end of it when he was talking about the swimming pool tax dodge which sound so typically Greek! Will try to catch it on the Iplayer tonight.

Just seen the first episode so please don't start going on about later episodes without spoilers

Just seen the first episode so please don't start going on about later episodes without spoilers

Once again I echo these sentiments!
What did you think paddy? I liked the principle, but felt a lot was crammed into episode 1.

I watched this last night. I thought it was excellent too. I like the way it wasn't just another travel programme but tried to address Greece's fucked up situation.

I went to a Cretan wedding once and there was a lot of guns there being fired in celebration. I just spent the whole time thinking that those bullets being fired into the sky were going to have to come down at some point.

I watched this last night. I thought it was excellent too. I like the way it wasn't just another travel programme but tried to address Greece's fucked up situation.

I went to a Cretan wedding once and there was a lot of guns there being fired in celebration. I just spent the whole time thinking that those bullets being fired into the sky were going to have to come down at some point.

It was Simon Reeve's face when they were drinking beer by the fire with a BBQ on the go, and they kept firing random shots into the air!!

Had to stay at home with the boy yesterday (man-flu) so watched series one of The League due to recommendations from folks on here. Didn't think it was funny really. Shallow, obvious and childish. Incoherant, completely unbelievable and really shoddy. One or two smirksome scenes, but nothing laugh-out-loud. Will give series two a go though as it's got seven series so perhaps it got better. It did seem like a bit of a pilot/proof-of-concept series.

Happy Valley returns tonight. I thought the first series was brilliant so high hopes for this one.

Happy Valley returns tonight. I thought the first series was brilliant so high hopes for this one.

I was about to post something similar. I hope that the Valley is a little happier this time but I doubt it.

I did read an interview with the writer where she said she'd put a few more jokes in it. (Deutsch will be delighted)

Had to stay at home with the boy yesterday (man-flu) so watched series one of The League due to recommendations from folks on here. Didn't think it was funny really. Shallow, obvious and childish. Incoherant, completely unbelievable and really shoddy. One or two smirksome scenes, but nothing laugh-out-loud. Will give series two a go though as it's got seven series so perhaps it got better. It did seem like a bit of a pilot/proof-of-concept series.
Stick with it, it's great.

Got one episode of Mr Robot left and I've really enjoyed it. I'd highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Back