• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

First episode of S2 of Happy Valley as noted above - reasonable start, but don't know if its just me & my advancing age but really stuggled with some of the dialogue

Don't think it is as when the theme music came on at the end it almost defened me

Watched all of series 1 and 3 episodes of series 2 of Detectorists.

I thought the first series was a bit too slow TBH. Very charming, wholly inoffensive but not as funny as I was expecting. But quite good.

Series 2 thus far is much better, the characters are more interesting, a lot more happens, it's funnier and it works better as a result.

I like it.

First episode of S2 of Happy Valley as noted above - reasonable start, but don't know if its just me & my advancing age but really stuggled with some of the dialogue

Don't think it is as when the theme music came on at the end it almost defened me

I was going to post exactly this. It may be because I'm a Southern poofter but I felt like some subtitles would have been really useful! And the Jake Bugg song at the start isn't really in keeping at all with the show.
But still good though and I really like the main character and her sister.

Yeah I recorded it on channel 5 last night. Watching Season 2 of The Blacklist at the moment so probably won't start watching it until we've finished that one.

Eddie Jordan on Top Gear. All of a sudden it looks very shit.

Eddie Jordan on Top Gear. All of a sudden it looks very shit.

Sabine Schmitz will be good. Fucking mentalist driver. Probably quicker than the Stig. However, the rest of it just looks bloody dire. I give it one series.

Sabine Schmitz will be good. Fucking mentalist driver. Probably quicker than the Stig. However, the rest of it just looks bloody dire. I give it one series.

Agree on Sabine. Evans is either going to be good or shit, no middle ground. Matt le Joey is an unknown, so at least it will be interested to see how he does. Eddie Jordan is a twat. Have no idea on the rest that are on it.

Hmmmm

There has been a junior doctors strike. The health minister is now going to impose contracts on the strikers doctors at massive detriment to the NHS. You know, important stuff. AND this is the second story on the BBC New page, with a have your say for basically a big programme advert. Anyone would think the corporation was panicking about adverse reaction to their fucking up the only good programme they have now.

I can see audience figures being utterly dire very quickly. Fans of top gear will be watching the real thing on AMAZON.

Personally I'm confused by all the top gear hoo-ha.
The show wasn't just about the presenters. Indeed, I seem to recall various posters stating how tiresome and repetitive and even unimaginative it had become. It was stale.
Top gear existed for many years before clarkson et al gave it va va voom.
Evans is pretty good at generating crowd interest. By all accounts matt and the other presenters are genuinely into their cars. Sabine Schmitz made clarkson look a complete tool at the nurburgring, and no doubt will be excellent.
Is it just that people don't like change?

I don't think it should be revived at all. Clarkson being a bell and getting fired was the perfect time to finish it for good.

BBC can't afford to do that so we now are going to get this thing, which is sounding pretty bloody dreadful.

The only way Top gear could feasibly survive is a complete overhaul from top to bottom, format, the works, and that's what seems to have happened.

No idea if it'll be any good until I see it, but I don't really give a shit about cars - the only reason I watched it was to see Clarkson, May and Hammond arsing around acting like kids. They went too far on occasions but mainly, I found it quite entertaining.

They're throwing loads of presenters at it to see which ones will stick. I expect half of them to be binned after the first series.

Back