• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Blackadder will walk that group surely. Red Dwarf in 2nd.

I can't have Phoenix Nights missing out though! And Spaced is awesome as well. A big 3-way battle for 2nd place.

The big travesty here is that there's no Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. So underrated.

The qualifiers - if there's any justice in this world - should be:

Group A: OFAH, Dads Army
Group B: Fawlty Towers, League of Gentlemen
Group C: Father Ted, The Young Ones
Group D: The Office, Ab Fab
Group E: Blackadder, Phoenix Nights (very very hard to choose 2nd though)
Group F: Bottom, Porridge (phnar)
Group G: Partridge, Extras
Group H: The Day Today, Peep Show

The qualifiers - if there's any justice in this world - should be:

Group A: OFAH, Dads Army
Group B: Fawlty Towers, League of Gentlemen
Group C: Father Ted, The Young Ones
Group D: The Office, Ab Fab
Group E: Blackadder, Phoenix Nights (very very hard to choose 2nd though)
Group F: Bottom, Porridge (phnar)
Group G: Partridge, Extras
Group H: The Day Today, Peep Show

I'd agree with that bar Blavk Books in for Ab Fab which I never found remotely funny.

I'd agree with that bar Blavk Books in for Ab Fab which I never found remotely funny.

I didn't enjoy Black Books TBH but either would be better than the Mighty sodding Boosh.

A: OFAH, Dad's Army
B: IT Crowd, Faulty Towers
C: Father Ted, The Young Ones
D: The Office, Black Books (The Mighty Boosh just missing out)
E: Blackadder, Red Dwarf
F: Porridge, The Inbetweeners
G: Extras, Alan Partridge
H: Peep Show, Vicar of Dibley

Ab Fab is ghastly and should finish bottom. I would have Mighty Boosh qualifying 1000 times out of a 1000 (never watched Black Books, but understand it's really good).

I didn't enjoy Black Books TBH but either would be better than the Mighty sodding Boosh.

Mighty Boosh was class in its day. Hasn't aged well at all though, I saw an episode recently and it wasn't funny at all.

Black Books is hilarious.

I wouldn't have Inbetweeners over Bottom. No way.

Ab Fab is ghastly and should finish bottom. I would have Mighty Boosh qualifying 1000 times out of a 1000 (never watched Black Books, but understand it's really good).

Ab Fab is a billion times better than the unrelentingly awful over-rated unfunny toe-curling appalling Office.

Peep Show, The Office & Only Fools early favourites for me.

The Office is a work of genius.

Should make the semi finals.

It really isn't. It is utterly unamusing with completely hateful characters. I despise it. I would prefer Miranda.

Blackadder, OFAH, Fawlty Towers are clear favourites.

Fawlty is the best comedy ever. It just isn't dated at all.

Never seen Peep Show.

No Peep Show?

Faulty Towers doesn't stand a chance IMO. Outdated.

I still find it hilarious - it's got to be amongst the favourites. TBH although the setting is outdated, the humour etc is still bang on. Decent comedy doesn't age badly. The Mrs Richards episode for example - still bellyachingly funny.

Peep Show, OFAH, I'm Alan Partridge and The Office for the semis (if that's possible). Although series 2 of Extras was amazing! As is Fawlty Towers. Maybe not Peep Show then, although I love it but it did have one or two dips where they struggled for story. Damn, tough call!

There's an easy way to settle this. We all pick our group winners and runners up. Those with the most votes make the knockout stages. We then vote for our favourite in each knockout until we get to the the final and a winner.

Back