• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just finished watching Corleone on Sky Arts. Italian series bases on the rise of Toto Riina in the Sicilian mafia, very good program and some really good acting.

New x-files is good, think you have to already be a fan to like it though.

Most important question, though, is how Gillian Anderson seems to get better looking the older she is!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2016/06/greece-with-simon-reeve

Something to look out for - I really like Simon Reeve's travel documentaries. And he is a very nice bloke as well. And I'm going to Greece in September.

That looks good. My wife's dad lives on Crete (as did we for a bit) so it'll be interesting to see that episode.

Speaking of travel shows, I've really enjoyed Richard Ayoade's Travelman on C4. Makes me smile the whole way through. His choice of companions is good too.

That looks good. My wife's dad lives on Crete (as did we for a bit) so it'll be interesting to see that episode.

I think Simon Reeve is really good at capturing the beauty of places but still exploring the darker side of them - and always getting 'stuck in' with the local culture etc. I find him very watchable. His Indian Ocean series was great, as were the two series traversing the tropics.

Speaking of travel shows, I've really enjoyed Richard Ayoade's Travelman on C4. Makes me smile the whole way through. His choice of companions is good too.

Yeah I've seen a couple of those - he's ace. I mean to go back and watch the whole lot.

New x-files is good, think you have to already be a fan to like it though.

Most important question, though, is how Gillian Anderson seems to get better looking the older she is!?

Got to say this revisit of the X-Files has piqued my interest. I never watched it before, apart from the odd episode here and there, but I feel like getting into it now. Might give it a whirl.

As for Gillian Anderson she never really did anything for me when X-Files was first out and that didn't change when she was in Hannibal so can't help you there sorry. :)

The second episode is a 'proper' X-files episode, really good and much better than the first. Would be good for anyone who hasn't watch all the old ones too.

The second episode is a 'proper' X-files episode, really good and much better than the first. Would be good for anyone who hasn't watch all the old ones too.

Quite enjoyed the first episode (the bits I saw between dozing off) so I'll stick with it.

Just watched 'The Real Marigold Hotel' - if they ever make a non celebrity version of this then I would be up for it (I am certainly within the age range)

Could quite fancy a three week 'holiday' in India!

Cigarette smoking man is a brilliant character.

I have the complete original run and all the movies in a lovely box set (only 55 discs) so this seems as good a time as any to start trawling through them again.

As for Gillian Anderson - the original thinking man's totty. Hubba hubba.

The Twitter facilitated "Sitcom World Cup" starts on Friday:

http://www.posteritty.com/blog/2016/1/9/the-great-british-sitcom-tournament-2016

Great_British_Sitcom_%40016_GBST2016

Group D group of death (apart from Ab Fab).

Ha - what an awesome idea!!

Group E is the group of death by the looks of it.

And I'm hoping Miranda fucks off on the first plane home - she's got a tough group, fortunately.

Ha - what an awesome idea!!

Group E is the group of death by the looks of it.

And I'm hoping Miranda fucks off on the first plane home - she's got a tough group, fortunately.

Blackadder will walk that group surely. Red Dwarf in 2nd.

Back