• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched all the Detectorists in one go, same as I did with series one. It's such a lovely warm comedy.

The Last Kingdom finished up last night, brilliant series, cant wait for it to return, far better than RTE's glamourous Vikings show.

Yeah, the Missus was squirming on a couple of occasions.

Does the film tie in with the series on Fargo?

A guy at work was championing it the other day so might give it a go over Christmas if I can find somewhere all the episodes are available.

No, it's just set in the same place. The writers were inspired by the film and wanted to create similar characters etc. Should be available on All4.

Does the film tie in with the series on Fargo?

A guy at work was championing it the other day so might give it a go over Christmas if I can find somewhere all the episodes are available.
Netflix Netherlands has them all.

So, Fargo was a bit weird this week....

Did anyone see the start of the new series of Luther? Brilliant, as usual.

So, Fargo was a bit weird this week....

Other than the very obvious weird bit, which has been in the background all along, I thought Farto was excellent again. Be interesting to see whether the obvious weird bit amounts to anything at the end or if they've just put it in there for fun. I'd like to go back to the first series and see if there's anything of that nature in it. I can't remember anything like that.

I watched it, didn't think it was great tbh, seemed a bit rushed. The bad guy is extra sick though which is always good in Luther. Shame it's only a 2 parter

Other than the very obvious weird bit, which has been in the background all along, I thought Farto was excellent again. Be interesting to see whether the obvious weird bit amounts to anything at the end or if they've just put it in there for fun. I'd like to go back to the first series and see if there's anything of that nature in it. I can't remember anything like that.

The obvious weird bit appeared in the first episode, but I'd forgotten all about it. It irked me and I didn't like it at all. I really hope they explain the significance.

Don't recall anything like that in series 1.

Is it? Damn. Luther's a badass!

Yeah, it's a great show. Read a recent interview with Idris about playing the role, he was saying he can only manage two parters now as it's quite a heavy role to get into and the 6 parters take a lot out of him.
Last nights episode started off quite weak I thought, that copper who came to visit him and then got blown up didn't suit the part, was a waste of a shirt, and the girl from Game of Thrones who plays the detective is just not believable in the role. Good finish to the episode though.

No Spoilers please

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've seen Idris Elba in loads of things, as I'm currently working why way through the Wire box set I can only see him as Stringer Bell, brilliant!

Alan Partridge on TFI is good tonight. Seems like he has a new series in Feb too.

Back