• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

CUghf-tWsAQ5ftS.jpg

I reckon this is as much of a 'fuck you with your plots, theories, plastering social media with your 'OMGZ I saw Jon Snow on set!!' bollocks. Here's a spoiler image' by HBO more than anything else! I can see why they've done it! But personally, I wish they wouldn't have done it. Let's just find out the normal, boring way - by waiting a few more months!

Drives me up the bloody wall - some things are simply not avoidable. Same as Dr Who on Saturday. I didn't get to see it until last night, kept away from the usual sources (including the Dr Who thread on here) but there was a headline in a local newspaper of all places which immediately told me what had happened (not directly, but it took me less than a second to get what they were alluding to). And I knew that was going to happen purely because of the spoilers that have been constantly posted for the last few months.

I think it's a different thing to discussing and speculating - when people use set locations, leaked scripts etc, I find it really frustrating. And then when the things make it onto air, it's harder than ever to avoid.

People are far too impatient these days.

$#@!s sake.

You can't beat a bit of positivity, can you? As one of the few good guys possibly left in the seven kingdoms the news that Jon Snow may be signed up for another season should be rejoiced.

Think I'll stick to Other Sport for a while....

Hmmmm - Jon Snow the dead being a male replacement for Lady Stoneheart character then????

God, I can't stand that character.

Absolute crap apart from a potential end game for Jaime Lannister.
Besides, would that not require the red priest who Paul Kaye played? Or are you thinking Beric Dondarrion who karked it in order to perform the resurrection?

I can see where you're coming from and I'm intrigued about where it's going to go - If all the sightings of Kit Harrington, the spoilers (including the poster I mentioned and another I've just seen which has "Stark" under "Winter is Coming", both printed over the Wolf's Head) and Ian McShane saying he's going to resurrect a character is just a tease by HBO it'll be one of the biggest merkings ever. Also, because the series has now overtaken the books there are no points of reference to work on, just speculation and some bloke sat up a hill in Ireland with a telephoto lens and a 4G signal

Yeah, fans discussing where it might go is all well and good - I do it all the time! - it's just the actual concrete info 'leaking' online that annoys me a bit! But you're right, it's not going to do HBO.com any harm at all. #ker-ching

It's kind of cool that book nerds are as much in the dark about it as non-book nerds for the first time. I like that it'll be all new next season. But I want to find out when I'm watching it, not several months before when a shitty photo of a bloke with long straggly hair is plastered all over social media.

On a similar point, I'm no longer watching any more of the TV spots for the next Star Wars film. I don't want to see any more new footage! I just want to see the film when it comes out!

I reckon Melisandre has the same ability as Paul Kaye's character from a few seasons back.

Ian McShane has said he's only in one episode and is pivotal to bringing back a dead character. I think the speculation is that it'll be a flashback to the Mad King and Sean Bean may be back in the same scenes.

I did read a little speculation that it may be the Hound which would set up a great big fuck-off fight between him and the Mountain/John Strong.

Haven't we already had a brief flashback of the Hound's story where he got burned by his brother though?

I did read a little speculation that it may be the Hound which would set up a great big $#@!-off fight between him and the Mountain/John Strong.

Not directly GoT but I saw Thor (the guy who plays the mountain) at a strongman event at the Brittania and I don't think I will ever see a bigger human being. Enormous and made the atlas stones look like m&m's.

Not directly GoT but I saw Thor (the guy who plays the mountain) at a strongman event at the Brittania and I don't think I will ever see a bigger human being. Enormous and made the atlas stones look like m&m's.

I could have him.

Haven't we already had a brief flashback of the Hound's story where he got burned by his brother though?

Having read more about it, the thinking is that will face off at Cersei's trial by combat with the Hound representing the High Sparrow and chums; this is driven by a passing mention of a character who is bigger than Brienne (i.e. fucking huge) when her and Pod are fartarsing about in the middle of nowhere and also because the person guiding them seems to know a lot about the Hound's demise.

Just watched the pilot of Mr Robot after every single person online who saw it said it was really good. And it was. Very good.

Young bloke is an antisocial hacker who works for a cyber security firm protecting the big evil corporations he hates. He hacks his friends and colleagues online presences and finds out their secrets. And it goes on from there. Christian Slater is in it too.

Definitely one to watch when it appears on whatever channel. 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. Made by Universal Cable and shown on USA Network so God knows who'll pick it up over here and when.

For those that download though like Vis, go get it and watch it now. One of the best pilots I've seen for ages. It's already been picked up for a second season just based on the first episode.

*Finally* started watching this. Only one episode in, and really enjoyed it.

Nice one. It's excellent.

Jessica Jones is really good too. Only 5 Eps in but it's up there with Daredevil so far. David Tennant plays the big bad.

Caught up with Fargo last night. Fucking brilliant. I think it may be better than the first series as it doesn't keep jumping off on tangents this time around. Solid story with tightly integrated characters.

I do have one slight issues with the most recent episode which I shall put in spoilers...

How come the Sheriff drove away from the house without checking on Peggy when the Gerhart's cars would all have still been parked up outside...? Seems a bit of an odd loose end to just leave hanging.

Caught up with Fargo last night. Fucking brilliant. I think it may be better than the first series as it doesn't keep jumping off on tangents this time around. Solid story with tightly integrated characters.

I do have one slight issues with the most recent episode which I shall put in spoilers...

How come the Sheriff drove away from the house without checking on Peggy when the Gerhart's cars would all have still been parked up outside...? Seems a bit of an odd loose end to just leave hanging.

Unless he checked in between getting the call from the station and meeting up with Lou on the road. I guess they just missed it though.

Ed the butcher is turning out to be a bit of dude though, isn't he?

Unless he checked in between getting the call from the station and meeting up with Lou on the road. I guess they just missed it though.

Ed the butcher is turning out to be a bit of dude though, isn't he?

If he'd have checked he would have found the tazered Gerhart, the shot dead henchman and the dude who had the sink boshed on his head. He might have mentioned it! :D

I'm chuffed Ron Swanson is becoming more involved.

If he'd have checked he would have found the tazered Gerhart, the shot dead henchman and the dude who had the sink boshed on his head. He might have mentioned it! :D

This is true. But he'd just had a bang on the head, was seeing double. Maybe he just forgot... Basically he's Sam from Cheers with his lovely fake hair and I'm prepared to forgive him anything!

Back