• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The series usually finishes at Christmas, I don't know how many are left now but one episode a week from now till Christmas, getting rid of three in one go was probably all part of the scheduling.

I agree but the candidates are that poor he could get rid of 3 each week!

Did anyone see It Was Alright in the 1960's on Channel 4 last night?

Unbelievable - it went from being absolutely hysterically funny, to incredibly shocking just how racist and sexist TV used to be.

My favourite bit was the filming of a sitcom - being transmitted live - and the scene was a guy being pulled through a bookcase, then thrown out of a window (not a proper window, obvs - it was in a studio). Unfortunately, pulling him through a bookcase knocked him unconscious. Yet they didn't realise that had happened and threw him out of the window anyway. Utterly utterly brilliant.

Just watched (sure it was a repeat and id already seen it) It Was Alright in the 1970's.
Anyway, that fucking Dave Allen Sketch from 1971....what the fuck! how on earth did anyone think that was acceptable on any level, in any year?
Its on the link below exactly 34:50 mins in...Allen seems to look slightly shifty about it at the end of its showing.

I used to watch Dave Allen when I was younger. I remember very little about it though. That sketch was a bit foolish I agree.

I used to watch Dave Allen when I was younger. I remember very little about it though. That sketch was a bit foolish I agree.

Apparently reading more about it, it seems upon repeating it,the bbc decided to zoom in on Allens face as he comes back out of the changing room and looks around.
In the original one you could see a wider shot and see his trousers drop down under the cubicle!

You can't judge on today's acceptable standards, though to be fair Dave Allen was someone who pushed the boundaries on questionable material even for then (there are comedians who do so now albeit that the targets have changed).

Marvel's new series Jessica Jones is up on Netflix now for those that are interested. Just about to watch ep1.

S3 of The Bridge starts tonight on BBC4. I'm looking forward to it.

Game of Thrones promo poster for season six showing Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen weeping tears of blood, eh?

Hmmmm - Jon Snow the dead being a male replacement for Lady Stoneheart character then????

Wait...what? Where d'ya see that WDC?

CUghf-tWsAQ5ftS.jpg

Fargo gets better and better. And some significant game time for Ron Swanson's brilliant lawyer character last night.

The Walking Dead is gearing up for an interesting midseason finale. How you getting on with the earlier episodes Langers?

I'm about 4 episodes into the 4th series. It's awesome.

I've just finished the episode where

Glenn almost dies from the the virus, and The Governor re-appears at the very end - a very intriguing cliffhanger!

Game of Thrones promo poster for season six showing Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen weeping tears of blood, eh?

Hmmmm - Jon Snow the dead being a male replacement for Lady Stoneheart character then????

I reckon this is as much of a 'fuck you with your plots, theories, plastering social media with your 'OMGZ I saw Jon Snow on set!!' bollocks. Here's a spoiler image' by HBO more than anything else! I can see why they've done it! But personally, I wish they wouldn't have done it. Let's just find out the normal, boring way - by waiting a few more months!

Drives me up the bloody wall - some things are simply not avoidable. Same as Dr Who on Saturday. I didn't get to see it until last night, kept away from the usual sources (including the Dr Who thread on here) but there was a headline in a local newspaper of all places which immediately told me what had happened (not directly, but it took me less than a second to get what they were alluding to). And I knew that was going to happen purely because of the spoilers that have been constantly posted for the last few months.

I think it's a different thing to discussing and speculating - when people use set locations, leaked scripts etc, I find it really frustrating. And then when the things make it onto air, it's harder than ever to avoid.

People are far too impatient these days.

I reckon this is as much of a 'fuck you with your plots, theories, plastering social media with your 'OMGZ I saw Jon Snow on set!!' bollocks. Here's a spoiler image' by HBO more than anything else! I can see why they've done it! But personally, I wish they wouldn't have done it. Let's just find out the normal, boring way - by waiting a few more months!

Drives me up the bloody wall - some things are simply not avoidable. Same as Dr Who on Saturday. I didn't get to see it until last night, kept away from the usual sources (including the Dr Who thread on here) but there was a headline in a local newspaper of all places which immediately told me what had happened (not directly, but it took me less than a second to get what they were alluding to). And I knew that was going to happen purely because of the spoilers that have been constantly posted for the last few months.

I think it's a different thing to discussing and speculating - when people use set locations, leaked scripts etc, I find it really frustrating. And then when the things make it onto air, it's harder than ever to avoid.

People are far too impatient these days.

I can see where you're coming from and I'm intrigued about where it's going to go - If all the sightings of Kit Harrington, the spoilers (including the poster I mentioned and another I've just seen which has "Stark" under "Winter is Coming", both printed over the Wolf's Head) and Ian McShane saying he's going to resurrect a character is just a tease by HBO it'll be one of the biggest merkings ever. Also, because the series has now overtaken the books there are no points of reference to work on, just speculation and some bloke sat up a hill in Ireland with a telephoto lens and a 4G signal

Back