• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Was just about to post it's big brother in suits. Lowest common denominator tv.

Absolutely. Don't get who'd want to learn from that multiple bankruptcy vile cretin with the morals of the sludge I just scraped off my shoe.

Not a particularly pleasant person but never bankrupt. He has wound a few businesses up but that's not the same thing.

Anyone watched Narcos on Netflix? It's brilliant.

What's it about? I assume drugs.........

Any other netflix suggestions?

It is indeed. It follows the rise and fall of Colombian Pablo Escobar and the Drug Enforcement Agency agents hunting him. It's very gritty - similar to Breaking Bad. One of the only TV Series' to grab me instantly from the first scene.

As for other Netflix suggestions - Better Call Saul is a must if you watched Breaking Bad. A mate of mine said Daredevil was good if that's your cup of tea (it's not mine) and there is a TV series based on the Scream films that has just come out, which might be quite fun in nostalgia terms, if nothing else.

Definitely watch Narcos, though. I promise you'll enjoy it.

My Son has lent me the box set of the Wire i missed it first time round, currently working my way through it, as has been said by others, probably the best TV series ever.

My Son has lent me the box set of the Wire i missed it first time round, currently working my way through it, as has been said by others, probably the best TV series ever.

Yep, my favourite TV show ever.

I lent it to Wolf Hunting but he couldn't get into it. His loss

Just don't lose heart during season 2 like a lot of people. Seasons 1, 3 and 4 are the best.

I found The Wire a bit too 'gritty'. Decent acting etc but just wasn't for me. I really didn't enjoy it.

Breaking Bad is awesome - only seen the first 2 seasons though. I must get back into it soon actually.

I loved season 2 personally.

I'm with you on this one. I can see why it divides opinion though as the investigation is radically different from that of the 1st series. Season 3 would probably be my favourite.

I would recommend Daredevil as well, haven' really seen any of the films in the Marvel Universe but this show is reasonably grounded in reality enough to not be a straight up superhero show. It's quite dark in places too.

Only watched the first couple of episodes of The Wire but because the other half couldn't get in to it I just stopped watching it as well. The same thing happened with Homeland - we got about half way through the first season of that and then she lost interest so we stopped watching that too.

Breaking Bad, however, I'd probably say is my favourite TV series of all time. Better Call Saul was an excellent spin off too.

loved the wire. top top show.

breaking bad - a bit meh for me.

Homeland is awesome too, you're missing out Jinky!

Breaking Bad we never really got into. We watched about half of the first series and left it. I think it had been hyped up to us too much before we watched it, and it was entertaining enough, but when we realised we weren't actually bothered if we watched the next episode or not, we switched to something else.

I thought the first season of Homeland was brilliant. The 2nd was decidedly average. The 3rd was just so stupid that I gave up with it. They ruined it.

The Israeli show it's based on - Prisoners of War - was better IMO.

Back