• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I notice on my Sky box that it says The Walking Dead is available on Box Sets until 2nd November - if I download them onto my Sky Box before then can I carry on watching them after that date? If not, I'll never watch them all in time!

Never seen the Walking Dead. Worth watching? A brief synopsis?

A couple open in bar in the Darkest part of Wolverhampton and entertain those with no taste, dress sense, ability to smell their own body odour and a hankering for flat Lager. Spoiler alert - They call it McGhee's.

A couple open in bar in the Darkest part of Wolverhampton and entertain those with no taste, dress sense, ability to smell their own body odour and a hankering for flat Lager. Spoiler alert - They call it McGhee's.

Awesome. Do they do Karaoke too?

I can't be ruining the series for you by revealing everything can I

One of the best programmes on TV.A sherriff wakes up in hospital to find out that the world has gone Zombie during his coma and he then has to help his family find safety. Along the way he meets with and works with a variety of different people in battling against the Zombie hoard and against other groups as the world becomes cut-throat. Its now on season 6 but seasons 1-5 are all great. It is a show that pulls no punches. The actors are hired for a season but they all never know if their character is going to make it through and many dont!

I have to say that Netflix is pretty good for box sets at 6 quid a month a lot cheaper than buying them too. If you need subtitles Netflix is easily the best with the majority of programmes having subtitles available if required. ( My wife was born 80% deaf- very helpful when wolves are playing!)

Walking Dead = Zombie shit x 6 seasons.

The Last Kingdom - a decent start. Followed the books reasonably well though some discrepancies I think (though a little while since I read them)

Looking forward to how this develops

Watched the first episode of The Walking Dead. It was ridiculous but fun! I'll carry on watching.

Read the comics.
The comics are great. In some ways better than the TV show. If you are new to them you'll have 146 of them to read! Get yourself an comicbook reader on your tablet and aquire them.

Read the comics.

Indeed. I'm selling the first seven hardbacks as I can't be arsed to collect them any more (after selling my complete run of #1 - #89 before the show hype hit), I just read them digitally now. Miles more sick than the TV show, although Season six has started with a lot of promise.

Homeland season five is shaping up to be a belter too.

The second series of Catastrophe started on C4 last night (I'm so old-fashioned, I watch programmes on terrestrial TV when they're actually scheduled!).
Really really funny and with some top-notch swearing.

Episode 2 of Fargo was also excellent.

Heads up for The Detectorists S2 starting tonight at 10pm on BBC4.

Back