• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched the first 15 minutes and switched it off - bunch of tossers who wouldn't know business if it bit them in the ass.

Well neither would I, but I have always enjoyed it, though I can give no rational reason for doing so.

I didn't mind it a few years back, it's just a parlour game now and not an especially diverting one. They really need to revamp the concept - watching some jumped up twerp fail to sell fish fingers and then squirm to explain themselves away might be amusing once, but not every year. If nothing else, the tasks they set the contestants have bugger all to do with setting up a new business (the prize) and they aren't even realistic, I mean who just rocks up to shopping centres and gets given space for free in the real world?

What an inept bunch of twats.

Who the Fook buys 15 kilos of calamari to sell out of a food truck in a cardboard box??!
Ridiculous.

And you cannot sell a lunchbox salad for £9 if you're not a restaurant. Doesn't matter if it's central London.

Get a grip you fooking TWATS

Knowing how much effort & real common-sense my youngest puts into running his business there's no way I could watch that programme other than if it was a comedy. What he earns comes from running the thing successfully not just 15mins of fame or a freebie from Siralan

(Only seen it once when round at my brother's as he's addicted to reality shows)

I can't stand The Apprentice.

A bunch of utter wankers being told to act like utter wankers in order to emulate the biggest wanker on the planet. He's a disgusting human being. Congrats - you're hired. You utter wanker.

The Apprentice is fine as long as it's not taken seriously, i watched last night and had a good laugh, the contestants are picked and then set up to have the piss taken out of them for our benefit.
There'll be one half decent amongst them who will come through at the end who was probably identified in the selection process as being the winner, it's just a game show.

I'm with Trev and Frank here, it's just a bit of fun. If these contestants were gunuinly serious about getting £250k into a business there are much better ways of doing it.

By changing the format from becoming an employee to starting up a new business makes a mockery of some of the episodes. I'm sure that all of the business plans have been read in advance so that the 2/3 people who may have decent ones will stay in the competition. A candidate may prove him/herself to be best through the competition but have no chance of winning whereas somebody who seems to be a complete loser (I'm looking at the nail file bloke) ends up starting a business with Mr Sugar.

'Snot. All telly is contrived - even the best of it. Top notch David Attenborough wildlife stuff from under the ocean has the sound dubbed on later in Bristol. Brilliant TV, but contrived nonetheless.

I used to like it, but it seems to have slowly morphed into Big Brother.
Was just about to post it's big brother in suits. Lowest common denominator tv.
I can't stand The Apprentice.

A bunch of utter wankers being told to act like utter wankers in order to emulate the biggest wanker on the planet. He's a disgusting human being. Congrats - you're hired. You utter wanker.
Absolutely. Don't get who'd want to learn from that multiple bankruptcy vile cretin with the morals of the sludge I just scraped off my shoe.

I don't see how any of these programmes can be seen as ' fun' . All reality shows,especially ones like Big Brother, I honestly don't see what pulls grown men and women to tune into them. They annoy the shit out of me. Pathetic nonsense.

Feeling better about your own life decisions is what make folk watch them

I guess the same sort of people who think cucumber on bacon is the equivalent of eating vomit. Takes all sorts I guess.

Back