• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Parks is on my list to watch next.

Currently enjoying a proper catch up with Cheers. Nearly at the end of season 7 of that.

So now I'm trying to give The Big Bang Theory another go, having been persuaded to by various people.

I watched the first 2 episodes last night and I'm struggling massively with it. The premise or the actual plots/scenarios aren't the problem - it's just so fucking annoyingly hammed up. It's borderline unwatchable for me as a result. I will persevere a bit longer and hope I can get used to it, but on what I've seen so far, I'm bemused as to how anyone can actually laugh at it.

I've tried, I think it's terrible. I think you must have to be a bit of a science dork to appreciate it.

I've tried, I think it's terrible. I think you must have to be a bit of a science dork to appreciate it.

I was told geeks would appreciate it, but I'm a geek and I'm really not getting it at all!

I like BBT.

Didn't think I would and why I made no effort to watch it at all. Then watched a couple of episodes on plane and decided it wasn;t that bad, so went back and watched all 8 series.

Parks is on my list to watch next.

Currently enjoying a proper catch up with Cheers. Nearly at the end of season 7 of that.

Love Cheers.

I'm still a fan of Big Bang, and I'm not a science geek at all. Good writing, good likeable characters. I'd hazard a guess that people who liked Friends would also like BBT.

Love Cheers.

I'm still a fan of Big Bang, and I'm not a science geek at all. Good writing, good likeable characters. I'd hazard a guess that people who liked Friends would also like BBT.

Nope, I liked Friends but I find BBT unwatchable.

Walk away from it now...

:icon_lol: Yeah, it might be for the best!

I started watching the American version of The Office recently as well (god, I love Genesis) and I actually rather enjoy that. I hated it when I first watched it a few years back but somehow I feel differently about it now.

Nope, I liked Friends but I find BBT unwatchable.

You see I'm the other way round. Can't stick Friends, load of unfunny terrible actors delivering a supposedly funny punchline every 20 seconds. Then one of them (usually a blonde female) screams. Repeat ad nauseum.

Friends isn't alone in this format of course as the States spewed out Will and Grace, How I met Your Mother and 2 Broke Girls, That 70's show etc.etc.

He's not acting!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I saw him in an interview on the One Show and it was surprising how close to the actual character he was!

Can't agree with you on Aniston I think she's abysmal. Drew Carey-esque levels of comedy.

You see I'm the other way round. Can't stick Friends, load of unfunny terrible actors delivering a supposedly funny punchline every 20 seconds.

That is EXACTLY the same format as BBT. Or the episodes I've seen of it thus far.

I saw him in an interview on the One Show and it was surprising how close to the actual character he was!

Can't agree with you on Aniston I think she's abysmal. Drew Carey-esque levels of comedy.

Her timing is superb. As a comic actress she's class.
The rest I do agree.

That is EXACTLY the same format as BBT. Or the episodes I've seen of it thus far.

Oh I agree it's the same format, the pause after a punchline is delivered and the general ham levels but it's so much funnier than Friends. It it doesn't have the silly mare screaming or singing songs out of tune, which in some way is supposed to be funny.

Oh I agree it's the same format, the pause after a punchline is delivered and the general ham levels but it's so much funnier than Friends. It it doesn't have the silly mare screaming or singing songs out of tune, which in some way is supposed to be funny.

I fail to see what positives it has - with the exception of the lovely actress who plays their neighbour (Penny?)

'Funnier than Friends' isn't much of an accolade - Frank's jokes thread is funnier than Friends.

I fail to see what positives it has - with the exception of the lovely actress who plays their neighbour (Penny?)

'Funnier than Friends' isn't much of an accolade - Frank's jokes thread is funnier than Friends.

I quite like the characters and the jokes. If you don't like either I wouldn't bother.

Back