• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I also really liked Porridge, Keeping Up Appearances, Open All Hours, Clarence (old Ronnie Barker one), Men Behaving Badly, Drop The Dead Donkey, Goodnight Sweetheart, The IT Crowd and The Brittas Empire.

I remember Clarence being really poor.

I also really liked Porridge, Keeping Up Appearances, Open All Hours, Clarence (old Ronnie Barker one), Men Behaving Badly, Drop The Dead Donkey, Goodnight Sweetheart, The IT Crowd and The Brittas Empire.

Goodnight Sweetheart was DREADFUL! I enjoyed the idea of it, but as a comedy it was really bad. I admit to enjoying The Brittas Empire though.

Oooh - The Detectives. Loved that.

Goodnight Sweetheart was DREADFUL! I enjoyed the idea of it, but as a comedy it was really bad.

Quite. Even leaving aside the awful standard of comedy, what a waste of time travel.

Outnumbered is one I really liked for a while then it became deeply loathsome. They got self-aware at some point and it wrecked it. Plus Hugh Dennis winds me right up.

Quite. Even leaving aside the awful standard of comedy, what a waste of time travel.

Outnumbered is one I really liked for a while then it became deeply loathsome. They got self-aware at some point and it wrecked it. Plus Hugh Dennis winds me right up.

The first two series of Outnumbered were very good indeed. The episode at the airport especially. When the kids started acting rather than improvising, they should have just left it alone.

Some good choices from on here

My list would have to include:

Black Books
Red Dwarf
Blackadder (though the first one wasn't as good)
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools
Father Ted
Yes Minister

& if Monty Python is going to count then Spike Milligan's Q has to be in there

Possibly the darkest and funniest comedy I've ever seen.

I showed the Paedogeddon episode to a mate who was back in UK for the first time in 20 years since moving to the States. He'd never heard of it. He couldn't believe that something like that would be allowed on TV. He was really really shocked.

I showed the Paedogeddon episode to a mate who was back in UK for the first time in 20 years since moving to the States. He'd never heard of it. He couldn't believe that something like that would be allowed on TV. He was really really shocked.

I was in my cousins house in Scotland watching it the very night it aired, we could not believe it was being shown and were not surprised to see it make the headlines the next day.

I have the Brass Eye DVD, there's an extra episode that wasn't aired on tv.

Chris Morris is a genius IMO, the Day Today was also superb

Fawlty Towers
I Didn't Know You Cared
Sykes
Python
Q
I'm Alan Partridge
Big Train
The 11 o'clock Show
The Fast Show

Big Train is a sketch show, shirley.

The original article was sitcoms (but went ahead and included Python, so I guess all bets are off)

Curry & Chips
Mind Your Language
Never the Twain
Me & My Girl
Keep it in the family
Cuckoo Waltz
Yus, my dear
Man about the house
Two in Clover
Watching

Fresh Fields - comedy genius
French Fields - Utter cockcheese..except in the very last episode when Sonia (from Wolverhampton) out of Fresh Fields reappeared.

Back