• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Loved Last Man on Earth...But i really started to dislike the main character after he shaved his beard off.
I know his personality changing is to be expected after people show up but he went from being very funny on his own/with 1 person
to being a douche.
Ill second Narcos too....and Mr Robot just ended too...great series.

Yeah Mr Robot was great. Apparently they're planning 5 seasons.

Jesus wept how hard is it to understand!?

I don't want to watch dull people doing mundane dreary things. Especially if they're random members of the public who I don't give a shit about.

You don't know that they're all dull dreary people doing mundane things though do you? It's no more or less entertaining than watching famous people talk about the same random events of the week on a different programme, they can be just as funny without being famous.

New series of Dave Gorman's 'Modern Life is Goodish' on Dave at the moment.

Keeping up the standard so far

Yeah, enjoying it so far.

Good ending with the Celebs & the limerick :icon_smile:

Yeah, that was brilliant! I loved his take on Homes Under The Hammer, which is an absolute guilty pleasure of mine!

Not a huge fan of the whole "Found Poem" section though. I think he's made a rod for his own back by making it a regular feature and they can often feel a bit forced.

Adam Buxton is the king of reading internet comments :D

Really been enjoying the "India" season on BBC.

Yeah, that was brilliant! I loved his take on Homes Under The Hammer, which is an absolute guilty pleasure of mine!

Not a huge fan of the whole "Found Poem" section though. I think he's made a rod for his own back by making it a regular feature and they can often feel a bit forced.Adam Buxton is the king of reading internet comments :D

Would agree with that - when it works its very funny, but can fall flat depending on the subject & what he manages to find

Just a heads up for DDW, Del and whoever else watches it, but The League S7 started last night in the US. Just in time for the new NFL season. Great to have it back!

Just a heads up for DDW, Del and whoever else watches it, but The League S7 started last night in the US. Just in time for the new NFL season. Great to have it back!

Nice, I need to catch up, I haven't even seen season 5 or 6 I dont think.....

Do you have to like/understand American Football to enjoy it?

No not really. There isn't too much about the actual game/rules, it's mainly just banter between the six friends for the fantasy title (who play for their own trophy every season, and also a forfeit for who comes last) with the odd NFL cameo from actual players. As long as you know there's a draft in the summer, and the league is 17 weeks long followed by the playoffs then superbowl, then you'll be fine.

If you like fantasy leagues, and I know you do, then you'll enjoy it.

Do you have to like/understand American Football to enjoy it?

No in the slightest, it's a smashing comedy. I rattled through all six seasons in about a month.

Similar vein, if you can put up with The Rock's appalling acting, 'Ballers' is pretty entertaining for half an hour here and there

Rewatched this the last few days.
[h=1]The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst[/h]Fantastic documentary, but please dont google beforehand to ruin it.

Watched a bit of Whose Line Is It Anyway this morning before I went to work.

I forgot how bloody funny it was - Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles are hilarious.

Back