• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Like with "Player of the Season" you can't really judge it without watching it. It's a really loathsome idea, but it just works.

I detest the vast majority of reality TV but there is something entertaining about Gogglebox. And it really is impossible to explain why! It shouldn't work but I was made to watch it a few times and it is actually funny.

I always watch Soccer Saturday when Wolves are away but only from 3oclock..

I always watch Soccer Saturday when Wolves are away but only from 3oclock..

Likewise - one of my favourite things on telly. I watch it even if Wolves aren't playing.

I always have that on the telly and I follow Wolves' matches on Twitter at the same time.

I had the same anti-Gogglebox feeling when my wife used to watch it. I would leave the room. I detest nearly all TV with "real" people in it. It's generally just cheap lazy shit featuring a bunch of attention-seeking twats.
Turns out that Gogglebox isn't that at all though. It is genuinely funny.

In practise it's not really that much different to something like 8 out of 10 cats. Just watching people say funny shit about the weeks news/events with some general dicking around/mishaps mixed in.

Of course it's different. They're professional comedians.

Gogglebox is the TV equivalent of staring through someone's living room window.

But you haven't seen it, so how would you know?

I've seen clips of it, just not a whole episode. I wouldn't be able to stand it. The clips were enough to make me want to put my fist through the TV.

Merson has the same effect on Soccer Saturday. Fat-mouthed retard.

I don't think the clips are much to go by though - it's very hard to explain but these people aren't 'normal' people. They've blatantly been carefully selected to appear in the show. Because they are genuinely entertaining to watch.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for a reality TV show like this but it's true!

Watched it once. Didn't like it.

Anyway, finished the 2nd season of the Blacklist. Top top stuff yet again with a nice twist for Season 3.

Something I've been meaning to ask - what's the name of that new drama about the Manson Family? And is it any good?

Aquarius? The one with David Duchovny? I think it's supposed to be alright.

Guessing you never laugh at anything your mates, family or colleagues ever say then?

Something I've been meaning to ask - what's the name of that new drama about the Manson Family? And is it any good?

Yeah, Aquarius - I've watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good. Bit hard work in places.

Fucking hell Mark, are you trying out-dull yourself?

Jesus wept how hard is it to understand!?

I don't want to watch dull people doing mundane dreary things. Especially if they're random members of the public who I don't give a shit about.

Back