• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

SoA was addictive in a car crash kind of way. Charlie Hunnam was fucking appalling as a lead actor and deciding whether I'd still shag the mom from Married With Children for over 100 hours got boring (and confusing). Let me know what you think of the ending.

SoA was addictive in a car crash kind of way. Charlie Hunnam was fucking appalling as a lead actor and deciding whether I'd still shag the mom from Married With Children for over 100 hours got boring (and confusing). Let me know what you think of the ending.

I didn't think he was that bad, and you would!

Started watching An Idiot Abroad. Dunno how I missed this originally. It's fucking hilarious.

Be sure to check out Karl Pilington's other show "The Moaning Of Life" as well.

Just seen that The Detectorists is back for Series 2 at the end of this year with a Christmas special as well. Another really good show for you to check out Langers.

Cheers - I'll give that a go - the GF has recommended that before.

It's great. Written, directed and starring McKenzie Crook. Toby Jones is fantastic as always. And it also has Diana Rigg's daughter in it. The first series won two Baftas.

Started watching An Idiot Abroad. Dunno how I missed this originally. It's fucking hilarious.
There's a new series of Moaning of Life starting soon on Sky. His books are a good read also.

Gogglebox starts a new series on Friday.

Doc Martin new series tonight.

I like Gogglebox, but I'm sceptical about them making it something bigger than it is. The people on it or already too celebrity for my liking - I just hope they don't start playing up to it a bit much.

I like Gogglebox, but I'm sceptical about them making it something bigger than it is. The people on it or already too celebrity for my liking - I just hope they don't start playing up to it a bit much.

I agree. Now that everyone on it is fairly well-known, there's no way their reactions and conversations can be as genuine as they once were. That was its attraction initially, I think.

I've never watched it but I hate Gogglebox. Like all shite reality TV they can't actually make proper entertainment so they pass off normal people who you don't give a shit about sitting on a sofa talking rubbish as entertainment. You're watching someone else watch TV and listening to them talk about it FFS.

It's absolutely lowest of the low TV programming for the Jeremy Kyle generation and I hate it.

I've only seen it a few times but it did make me laugh. Though I totally understand where machin is coming from. It's not something I've watched religiously though because I think it could grate on my nerves a bit after a while!

I've never watched it but I hate Gogglebox. Like all $#@!e reality TV they can't actually make proper entertainment so they pass off normal people who you don't give a $#@! about sitting on a sofa talking rubbish as entertainment. You're watching someone else watch TV and listening to them talk about it FFS.

It's absolutely lowest of the low TV programming for the Jeremy Kyle generation and I hate it.

Soccer Saturday is surely the worst example of this? The BBC's effort isn't much better, but like Googlebox they're all mesmeric and I don't know why.

Soccer Saturday primarily exists to pass on real time information though. People don't watch it first and foremost to see how funny Paul Merson's attempts at pronouncing players' names are.

Gogglebox would be lost on me, I don't really watch any TV beyond news and sport so watching nobodies talk about stuff I don't have any investment in or knowledge of would be only slightly less worthwhile than trying Dave Edwards for the 8,214th time in a 4-4-2.

Soccer Saturday primarily exists to pass on real time information though. People don't watch it first and foremost to see how funny Paul Merson's attempts at pronouncing players' names are.

Gogglebox would be lost on me, I don't really watch any TV beyond news and sport so watching nobodies talk about stuff I don't have any investment in or knowledge of would be only slightly less worthwhile than trying Dave Edwards for the 8,214th time in a 4-4-2.

That puzzles me about SS in general, if people think Paul and Co are not funny or entertaining why bother, just have reports from around the ground and like the BBC do a few pundits in a studio? As for the Dave Edwards thing I can only assume the definition of madness applies to every football manager who has him on their staff.

Like all shite reality TV they can't actually make proper entertainment so they pass off normal people who you don't give a shit about sitting on a sofa talking rubbish as entertainment. You're watching someone else watch TV and listening to them talk about it FFS.

Any reality show annoys the shit out of me more than anything. How a grown up can sit and watch these programmes week after week is beyond me. I honestly can not see how anyone finds them ' entertaining, funny, amusing or worth your while ' . They are just a load of pathetic bollocking nonsense. Like DW I now only tend to watch sports, news and dvds as I can think of plenty more worth while things to do than watching actual tv programmes and repeats here. I think it was the reality show ' Survivior' ( think it was called) that I tried to see what everyone was wetting their pants over. I'll just say I didn't even do a dribble and turned the shite off after 10 minutes.

I've never watched it but I hate Gogglebox. Like all shite reality TV they can't actually make proper entertainment so they pass off normal people who you don't give a shit about sitting on a sofa talking rubbish as entertainment. You're watching someone else watch TV and listening to them talk about it FFS.

Like with "Player of the Season" you can't really judge it without watching it. It's a really loathsome idea, but it just works.

Back