• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just watched Fear the Walking Dead pilot which is an offshoot from the main show.

Set as the virus is just starting to spread and none of TWD characters will cross over to this show apparently.

Not too bad really,no doubt it will add some more interesting characters in future episodes cos I cant see the main fella carrying it for too long (another homegrown with yank accent)
Edit..he's actually a kiwi.

Finally started taking advantage of the Box Sets on our Sky package and have been watching Sons of Anarchy non-stop from Series 1 to Series 3 so far. Me and the wife are both hooked! It is cheesy in places, but in an amusing way, and impressively bloody in others. It even had Stephen King as a guest star! Can't wait to start Series 4 tonight (should be able to get at least 1 episode in before the missus switches on Bake Off).

3 new Pilots.
Minority Report....bit meh..was expecting better after liking the film.
Blindspot....Naked bird in a holdall in Times square (yep really) totally covered in fresh tats and a coppers name on her back...
what does it all mean?...dont know but will prolly take 10 seasons to find out or be cancelled after one.
Lucifer....Very good, Tom Ellis (out of Miranda) was made for this role, very very witty, great comedy timing and a funny script.
can see this doing well...Satan owns a nightclub in LA... as you do.

Should I bother watching True Detective 2? I've heard it is nowhere as good as the first season.

Should I bother watching True Detective 2? I've heard it is nowhere as good as the first season.

First season bored me, too slow. Got through to the end of this one. Only watched the last episode a week or so ago and already I have forgot what happened. More hype and style than substance for me.

First season bored me, too slow. Got through to the end of this one. Only watched the last episode a week or so ago and already I have forgot what happened. More hype and style than substance for me.

Really? i thought the 1st season was fantastic.
Horses for courses i spose i tried 2 episodes of Game of Thrones and fell asleep several times...never bothered after that.

P&R is brilliant - I'm loving it. Series 1 is a bit slow but once it got going in series 2, it was awesome.

We've recently started on this, just as a mid summer filler. Really enjoying it. Easy going and funny.

We've recently started on this, just as a mid summer filler. Really enjoying it. Easy going and funny.

I'm now up to date with series 4 as it's showing on Dave.

4 series in and I really love the characters - it's a very warm sitcom. I absolutely love it.

Finally started taking advantage of the Box Sets on our Sky package and have been watching Sons of Anarchy non-stop from Series 1 to Series 3 so far. Me and the wife are both hooked! It is cheesy in places, but in an amusing way, and impressively bloody in others. It even had Stephen King as a guest star! Can't wait to start Series 4 tonight (should be able to get at least 1 episode in before the missus switches on Bake Off).

Sons of anarchy is brilliant, gruesome too!
On season 6.

I know Langer is a fan of Deadliest Catch. Did you watch "The Catch" last night on Channel 4. Basically a UK version. Though it was pretty good.

No - where was it based? I did once see one about lobster fishermen off the coast of Scotland but it's not exactly the Bering Sea!

The first episode featured a boat fishing off the Cornish coast.

Wasn't that then - I'll look it up and give it a go.

It was a decent watch.

I watched that last night, decent little story with that kid going out for his first crack at being a fisherman.

Just watched the first couple of episodes of 'narcos'. Really enjoyable drama.

Back