• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Gog and the Honda advert for me.

"Crunchy Nut, quite expensive I seem to recall"

Yeah 6 and 7 had weak points, but as comedy series go, Peep Show is one of the sharpest, well written and well acted shows around and I'm glad its continuing

Without getting too #realtalk about what is after all, a throwaway sitcom, they changed the character of Jez around series 5-6 to a complete arsehole and that's wrecked it. Same as the Royle Family when they decided after season 2 to make Dave someone with genuine learning disabilities and have Jim shout catchphrases for half an hour. The first two series were genius TV.

Without getting too #realtalk about what is after all, a throwaway sitcom, they changed the character of Jez around series 5-6 to a complete arsehole and that's wrecked it. Same as the Royle Family when they decided after season 2 to make Dave someone with genuine learning disabilities and have Jim shout catchphrases for half an hour. The first two series were genius TV.

Did they? I think hes been an arsehole consistently since the first season. He is a brilliant character though.

He was more of an ingenue than an outright prick in the first four series. Then it all got ramped up to 11.

Most shows get four good seasons before the writers run out of ideas and the characters become caricatures.

New Tricks started its last ever series last night.

I've been a big fan of the series until the original cast left, and I don't think it's been so good since.
However I watched the first episode last night and thought it was quite good. A skeleton was discovered in the floor of a building being renovated and it turned out to be Gerry's gaffer who disappeared 30 yrs ago. Investigations involved gangsters and old coppers on the take and an insight into Gerry's chequered past. Continues next week.

Watching a fucking hilarious Louis Theroux Wierd Weekends. He's trying to become a gangsta rapper in New Orleans.

Some lazy ass programme makers out there at the moment. Currently watch "Very British Problems" on Channel 4, which is effectively a load of celebs talking about stuff from a twitter account - https://twitter.com/soverybritish

In the same vein, Dave or Comedy Central (I don't remember which) is showing a programme that is basically Jason Manford reading out the tweets of Middle Class Problems https://twitter.com/middleclassprob

Some lazy ass programme makers out there at the moment. Currently watch "Very British Problems" on Channel 4, which is effectively a load of celebs talking about stuff from a twitter account - https://twitter.com/soverybritish

In the same vein, Dave or Comedy Central (I don't remember which) is showing a programme that is basically Jason Manford reading out the tweets of Middle Class Problems https://twitter.com/middleclassprob

Yes this is fucking garbage. Apparently British people can't make small talk. And they also use mobiles phones to avoid people. What a load of nonsense.

Yes this is fucking garbage. Apparently British people can't make small talk. And they also use mobiles phones to avoid people. What a load of nonsense.

Absolute bollocks is right. The british (or moreso, the english) depend on small talk. It's a huge part of their character (as nicked from Katie Fox's excellent book, watching the english).

Had a binge on Community over the weekend. Really funny, good characters, quite short so very easy to watch a lot in one sitting. Chevy Chase is awesome as a racist, homophobic moron.

We started watching Parks and Recreation. Not because Squeeze likes Chris Pratt. At all.

Very entertaining. Sort of The Office-lite but not toe-curling.

We started watching Parks and Recreation. Not because Squeeze likes Chris Pratt. At all.

Love Parks and Rec. Glad to see it's moved onto Dave. Community is very similar in feel.
We've also been watching a lot of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which is also very good.

Love Parks and Rec. Glad to see it's moved onto Dave. Community is very similar in feel.
We've also been watching a lot of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which is also very good.

P&R is brilliant - I'm loving it. Series 1 is a bit slow but once it got going in series 2, it was awesome.

Community is great.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is ok but has great theme tune.

Back