• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just catching up with Lookalikes on Channel 4 from last night. Possibly the worse programme I have ever seen.

Just finished watching 'The Tunnel'.
What an utterly fantastic bit of television.
Absolutely gripping and brilliantly written.

You knew you were in for something different when they found a body in the Channel Tunnel.
Exactly across the boundary line between Britain and France and when they came to remove it, the top half of the body was detached from the bottom half, even though it was dressed in a matching suit.
And the top half was from a different body than the bottom.

$#@!ing brilliant!

Thanks for the tip mate. Watched this and found it first class. Quality

i think it's the same story as Swedish/Danish The Bridge isn't it?

Yes it was a remake by sky and a French TV company.

I thought the original was better, but the tunnel was still damn good.

I've started watching Parks and Recreation - got the first 3 seasons and I'm working my way through them ready to start from season 4 which is currently showing on Dave. I'm about halfway through the 2nd season at the moment.

I think it's excellent - some very good characters and plenty of laugh out loud moments. Ron Swanson is one of my favourite US sitcom characters - he's awesome.

It's on Amazon Prime so I might take a look-see.

I thought season 1 took a while to get going (it's much shorter than seasons 2 and 3 and Ron Swanson isn't in it enough for my liking) but after that, it's consistently funny. The episode with the Venezuelans is fucking brilliant.

I can't bring myself to watch Parks and Rec because I can't stand Amy Poehler. A couple of others put me off too.

Community is good though as an alternative.

Happy Endings is another good one, albeit finished now.

I can't bring myself to watch Parks and Rec because I can't stand Amy Poehler. A couple of others put me off too.

I'd never heard of her before but I think she's really good in P&R.

Stuart 'the brand' Baggs from the Apprentice has died.

Good to see Ripper Street back. After BBC cancelled it without reason, and then Amazon made it better, so BBC spunked licence fee in buying it back,

Just watched the 'Queen' top 20 songs (nothing else on) - no real surprises.

However Freddie Mercury's greatest song for me is this one

The best Olympic song ever

Though if we are talking about Queen tribute acts this has to be one of the best

:D

Robert Webb just tweeted that they're filming a new series of Peep Show. This is good news.

I dunno, I think it went massively off the boil. The last decent series was five and even that was hit and miss compared to the first four. The last three were pretty poor IMO and it's time it went, I mean it started in 2003 which a) makes me feel incredibly old and b) is a huge, arguably overlong lifespan for a comedy show these days.

Jesus - it's that old?!

The one on the canal boat is my personal favourite.

Back