• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The Agents Of SHIELD S2 finale was pretty damn good this week.

My folks have been recording GoT Season 5 for me and I have now caught up so thought I'd add my comments on the changes between books/TV show

I think that the Tyrion/Mormont aspect is going to cover a few of the threads in the last few books, see below:

Obviously they've moved Mormont into an earlier reappearance and covering the Griff role, especially now that he has greyscale, however I think he will also take on the Strong Bulwas role in the fighting pits which may bring the show back towards the book insomuch that we may see Dany's attempted poisoning. I think that by the end of the season we will see the return of the Dothraki, also as per the books, but I'm not sure on Jon Snow's path as it seemed to lean towards him going off with the Wildlings (again).

I think that the Tyrion/Mormont aspect is going to cover a few of the threads in the last few books, see below:

Obviously they've moved Mormont into an earlier reappearance and covering the Griff role, especially now that he has greyscale, however I think he will also take on the Strong Bulwas role in the fighting pits which may bring the show back towards the book insomuch that we may see Dany's attempted poisoning. I think that by the end of the season we will see the return of the Dothraki, also as per the books, but I'm not sure on Jon Snow's path as it seemed to lean towards him going off with the Wildlings (again).

More book stuff:

Oooh yes - I see with the Mormont/Belwas merging.

I guess one of the potential problems with the last 2 books is that they take place at the same time, but they don't want to forget about certain characters - we're left guessing as to the fates of so many of the lead characters as they're both such big novels. Mormont doesn't appear for ages, similar to Theon between books 2 and 5 I guess. Might as well add some original plot elements etc.

Though I really hope they're not going to totally omit Griff/Young Griff. I don't see how they can!

Harry Shearer - Mr Burns, Smithers, Principal Skinner etc - is leaving the Simpsons. I know it's now illegal to admit to still enjoying the Simpsons but I think that's a big shame. Not quite sure how they can keep it going without those characters.

Sounds like a pretty bitter contractual dispute. I never knew Harry shearer played Derek smalls in spinal tap.

I'll be glad when The Simpsons is finally put out of its misery, any episode made in the last 10 years is genuinely unwatchable and the 4-5 years before that are tepid at best. The first eight seasons or so are absolutely timeless.

I'll be glad when The Simpsons is finally put out of its misery, any episode made in the last 10 years is genuinely unwatchable and the 4-5 years before that are tepid at best. The first eight seasons or so are absolutely timeless.

It's not *that* bad. Certainly time for it to go though.

Hell yeah.

'Science, biatches....'
Yeah that made me laugh. I wonder if it was a little Breaking Bad reference.

That Adrianne Palicki (Bobbi) has got some chebs on her hasn't she?

Indeed. Though my guilty pleasure is spotting when Simmons accidently slips into a thick Yaaaaarkshire accent every now and again...

Oh and Kyle Maclachlan was awesome again. He's probably been the best actor in it this season.

I cor be arsed with all that dragons malarky!
No worries. Personally, the simpsons is for me one of the truest representations of life on tv. I don't watch anywhere near as much as I used to, but it is still a fave.

My wife is watching the current Big Brother series (yes, I know it is shit) and the housemates had to spell out words. One of the housemates had to spell 'canoe'. The rest of the house said 'wow, that's really hard' and he proceeded to spell it 'connue'. Fuck me. I fear for the future of this country.

Back