• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

GOT - This season is a car crash. Just awful.

I don't see that. It's not as exciting as some of the others but there's a lot of build up. The rest of the season should be pretty great now that we're getting into the meat of the stories. Jon, Cersei/Tommen, Sansa/Ramsay, Stannis, and Jamie/Bronn/Sand Snakes should all be good plots. Arya maybe too as well, depending on if they get her trained this season. Maybe hse has a mission in the last episode or something?

can't see how he's gonna finish the books now tbh. after watching the TV series it's hard to recall the inconsistencies of who's alive, dead, in completely the wrong place or simply non existent! though I felt even the last book was losing its direction.

this current season finished filming over a year ago (then they had to edit, CGI, etc.). The next season is filming now. Scripts are done. Even if GRRM gets a book out tomorrow it won't matter.

Both he and the show directors have gone on record saying that as of this season, they need to be considered as separate arcs. Book fans will still want to finish the books as GRRM will be continuing his vision with the way his characters left off. I don't think any of us would argue that the show is better than the books.

Just seen GoT episode seven and yes, Rosabell Laurenti Sellers is gorgeous.

Who?

One of the sandsnakes or Jamie's daughter?

Has anyone seen All aboard! The Canal Trip on either BBC4 or iPlayer?

I thought ep7 of got was comfortably the best of the season. It's coming to the boil nicely imo.

GOT - Okay, so that's where all of the amazing has gone in this season. Best episode of the series so far.

Still not happy about a number of the story lines but everything in this episode was awesome.

Holy shit!!! What a fantastic episode that was! Brilliant stuff - I loved it, and it sets everything up brilliantly for the remainder of the series.

I've re-watched The Pacific over this weekend for the first time in a few years and it definitely improves the more I see it. I need to stop comparing it to Band of Brothers because it'll never be as good as that but it's still a very very good mini series in its own right. Brilliant TV.

Holy $#@!!!! What a fantastic episode that was! Brilliant stuff - I loved it, and it sets everything up brilliantly for the remainder of the series.

I also have a new crush from this episode: Birgitte Hjort Sørensen <3

Btw, Faye Marsay plays a character called "The Waif". Who is that? the female jailor?

I also have a new crush from this episode: Birgitte Hjort Sørensen <3

Btw, Faye Marsay plays a character called "The Waif". Who is that? the female jailor?

She's the one with Arya in Braavos

She was Anne Neville in The Tudors

faye-marsay-562018-gross.jpg

I also have a new crush from this episode: Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
I could have swore I'd seen her in something before but her IMDb says not. She looks very familiar to someone who I can't quite put my finger on.

Back