• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I think I'm going to wait for this season of GoT until I'm able to get a proper, HD copy of it from somewhere. If that means waiting til the BluRay comes out next year, so be it. I don't think it's the sort of show I want to watch unless it's a decent quality. Didn't they show Season 4 on Sky 1 several months after it first aired on Sky Atlantic or have I just made that up?

I've just started to re-read A Dance With Dragons so I'm back up to speed which will no doubt take me several months, I've a shitload of stuff to watch on Netflix (just finished season 1 of Breaking Bad) and a ton of Xbox One games that I've not finished yet so it's not like I'm desperate for things to stick on the idiot box.

Just a shame that I have to wait a while to get up to speed with my favourite TV show but hey ho.

I suppose if you waited until near the end of the run, you could subscribe to NowTV for just one month and you could watch them all on demand in HD for £5.

I suppose if you waited until near the end of the run, you could subscribe to NowTV for just one month and you could watch them all on demand in HD for £5.

Yeah that's a thought. Good thinking. I'm not going to watch via a poor quality, SD stream that seems to be doing the rounds.

Fuck me, right bunch of snobs on here...

Quite. I watched it last night, cracking 720p feed. Obviously it's not quite as sharp as the sky hd picture, but it's better than the SD feed. At a cost of -£1000 a year, it's good enough for me!

That said, I've got to rewatch it as I nodded off a couple of times and couldn't be arsed to get the remote and rewind!

Is it just me who thinks tv/movies can sometimes be too good quality? I watched a movie on my mates 55" 3D full HD tv and I'm not sure if it was the 3D or not but it made it look like a soap opera. Like I could feel I was watching people being filmed not being immersed in the film. Does that make sense?

Having said that I do want to upgrade to a 1080 ready tv for my Playstation more than anything else.

3D is a pointless novelty, adds nothing worthwhile to the experience.

The only 3D films I've watched and thought it added anything were gravity and avatar

Sometimes, the effects and soopa doopa high quality shennanigans detract from the main focus. The story is the most important aspect of any film or series. No good having hi tech everything if your story is shite and the actors are fuckwits.

But really, suggesting you can't watch it because of the resolution not being good enough when that resolution has been demonstrably fine for the population for some time is just weird.

If anyone has got a chromecast you can get 3 months now TV free atm

Is there anyone else who quite enjoyed Thronecast last night? Sue Perkins is very good as the host IMO.

Is it just me who thinks tv/movies can sometimes be too good quality? I watched a movie on my mates 55" 3D full HD tv and I'm not sure if it was the 3D or not but it made it look like a soap opera. Like I could feel I was watching people being filmed not being immersed in the film. Does that make sense.
That can happen if the framerate is too high. Watch something in 60fps, it's weird!

This...fantastic.........not sure if its aired over here yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4299972/
MV5BMjI0OTc3MzY5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjk3MDUyNDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

2 episodes into season 2 of Breaking Bad. Wow - season 1 was brilliant but the first episodes of the next season are just off the scale. I never thought it would live up to the hype but it actually is.

Watched a new Show last night on Sky, due to air properly next week some time (we get our own channel)

It's called Madam Secretary, and was really promising, very much like West Wing etc.

Anyone else been watching Travel Man with Richard Ayoade? Brilliantly entertaining, as is just about everything he does.

Back