• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just started Sons of Anarchy, about to watch the last episode of Season 1 and it's a decent time filler. I've found the characters hard to relate to and some of the storylines are pretty cringeworthy but there's enough decent stuff in there to keep you watching.

I bet the writers of Fortitiude were screaming "OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!" when they watched Eastenders the other week. Still some serious shit to go down though, in particular what's going to happen with the overweight girl and her feeder partner? Maybe she's going to get a bit radgey like the kid.

I bet the writers of Fortitiude were screaming "OH, FOR $#@!'S SAKE!" when they watched Eastenders the other week. Still some serious $#@! to go down though, in particular what's going to happen with the overweight girl and her feeder partner? Maybe she's going to get a bit radgey like the kid.

Haven't seen last nights yet, definitley something gonna happen with those two, still can't get my head round the billboards having Christopher Eccelestone's face plastered all over them and him being killed off in the first episode, i was anticipating loads of flashbacks.

To be fair, although I've given a bit of a spoiler there's still a hell of a lot that isn't answered with regard to Stoddart's grisly demise. Many questions remain IMO. Also, I'd appreciate your input if you think it's a fine piece of method acting my Stanley Tucci toward the end of the episode.

Haven't watched Eastenders for fifteen years, Stanley Tucci is brilliant and steals it for me so far.

Just started Sons of Anarchy, about to watch the last episode of Season 1 and it's a decent time filler. I've found the characters hard to relate to and some of the storylines are pretty cringeworthy but there's enough decent stuff in there to keep you watching.
Keep watching. Absolutely amazing series. Gets better and better. The guy who plays jacks is a terrible cringey actor though. I have the last season left to watch soon.

Has anyone been watching "Luck" on HBO/Sky Atlantic? Can you explain to me who or what character Dustin Hoffman is playing, I'm up to episode 3 but haven't got a clue what's going on really :(

Just activated my 6 months free Netflix subscription so it's finally time for me to watch Breaking Bad, and see what all the fuss is about.

Season 1, Episode 1 about to begin.....
How you getting on with Breaking Bad Langers?

Keep watching. Absolutely amazing series. Gets better and better. The guy who plays jacks is a terrible cringey actor though. I have the last season left to watch soon.

I've stuck with it and am into season three now and it's getting better. I'll watch another couple tonight I think, although I do agree about Jacks, Charlie Hunnam really doesn't suit the role at all.

To be fair, although I've given a bit of a spoiler there's still a hell of a lot that isn't answered with regard to Stoddart's grisly demise. Many questions remain IMO.

I don't think there's much more to come from Stoddart's murder personally, but I think there'll be more murders before the season's out. I've got a theory but I'm probably miles wide of the mark.

Watching River Monsters, it truly is a terrible melodrama of a show. However if its on I always seem to find myself watching it despite having no interest in fishing whatsoever.

Yeah I sometimes stick that on if I'm channel surfing. Lots of build up but not many monsters.

It's usually 75% of the programme spent talking to some local fisherman who saw a big splash in low light conditions, or had a finger bitten off whilst pulling his net in.

That or he spends all night on his boat wondering if he's in the right spot. Which he never is.

You've got to love anytime he goes to visit the local village Shaman or witch doctor and he relays back to the camera everything that is being said, despite the fact he generally knows that it's going to be a load of superstitious nonsense. Also the amount of times the "monster" is a catfish which can grow up to ten or twelve feet long but the one he catches is nowhere near that size.

I don't think there's much more to come from Stoddart's murder personally, but I think there'll be more murders before the season's out. I've got a theory but I'm probably miles wide of the mark.

Well, other than Sheriff Dan being there already and the same with Pettigrew's demise of course. I think the girl with the 'flu' is going to go batshit mental and mince her feeder boyfriend up this week, possibly related to the ominous oozing of the defrosting mammoth carcass that they're making such a thing about.

Exactly what I was thinking. And maybe the bloke who nicked the tusk or his daughter.

How come nobody can smell that carcass?

Given that their national dish is rotten shark they probably find the aroma from a stinky old mammoth quite appetising.

Back