• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Started last month, in the 4th season currently, another 6 I think to go. Gah I love Friends, what a great show.

been meaning to get on community but I've got too much on the plate as it is. only halfway through parks and rec, have the last season of 30 Rock, 3/4 through Breaking Bad (taking me forever to watch this one), new season of House of Cards... too much TV.

I really have to start watching Parks and Recreation - I saw a few minutes of it a month or so ago and thought it was fucking hilarious.

However, I'd (almost) rather watch Adrian Chiles than the televisual bad AIDS which is Friends.

I need to rewatch Eastbound and Down. That was quality.

I'm with you, Langers. Friends is TV chemo.

I don't understand all the hate it gets. But whatevs, I'm not forcing you to watch it with me. That would be a very unusual kidnapping indeed.

"The latest victim of the Friends Bandit was just discovered in the outskirts of Wolverhampton. As with all other victims, the man reported that he was well taken care of with food, water and lodging, but was forced to sit and watch the entirety of friends during the two weeks he was missing. Police are currently offering $1,000 for any information that may lead to the Friends Bandit's arrest."

Some of Friends was brilliant, some of it was shit. Joey on the game show that Donny Osmond hosted was fucking genius.

I would rather swim with sharks than watch Friends.

Okay, no, not a fucking chance of that. But it certainly does my head in when people try to put Friends in the same bracket as, say, Seinfeld.

Why do people put it any bracket to justify watching something?. Its simple really isn't it - Like it, watch it or don't like, don't watch it(or if you are Paddy Don't Like it, watch it or in Langers case - Like it - Go on about it til the cow's come home or Don't like it - Go on about it until the cows that earlier refused to come home, come home)

But it certainly does my head in when people try to put Friends in the same bracket as, say, Seinfeld.

I certainly wouldn't put it in the same bracket as Seinfeld. Seinfeld was fucking gash.

Friends is TV chemo.

attachment.php

Hey, why is yours big?

fnarr

Because he wasn't embarrassed to appear beneath my quote. :neer_neer:

Right click on the photo, copy the image URL then post it between the UBB image code (
).

Oh, I uploaded mine.

I certainly wouldn't put it in the same bracket as Seinfeld. Seinfeld was fucking gash.

+1

I don't hate Seinfeld, it has a few moments, but it's by far one of the most overrated shows of all time. I really don't understand how it was so HUGELY successful.

I'll just watch Friends instead and we'll all be happy. :)

I finished watching all 8 seasons of House. Brilliant show. The last season didn't end particularly great but that sort of show would always be tough to end with any great satisfaction.
I've seen the first 4 series, & have series 6, 7 & 8 but need to acquire series 5 & watch that & get back in the groove. Love House.
Rewatching friends will take a while!

Since ditching sky I'm favour of the droid player I've been looking for new sitcoms to replace that "I only want something for half an hour, oh friends/big bang is on, that'll do' type feeling, and stumbled across 'community'. Cracking sitcom tbf, really good dynamic between the characters, and considering its 5 years old it's aged really well. Had never even heard of it before!
I'm sick of getting this feeling & concur with you. I'm trying to turn off the TV more & listen to music etc, or read a bit more tbh. I think that when the weather improves I'll watch less tv tbh.

I finished watching all 8 seasons of House. Brilliant show. The last season didn't end particularly great but that sort of show would always be tough to end with any great satisfaction.

I love it, the ending isn't perfect but its tricky as you say, still much better than Dexter and how I met your mother.

Back