• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

HIMYM was dead after the 5th season, really.

I understand that it's probably not cool to like Friends these days but I find it impossible not to laugh at it. It's funny! I did prefer Seinfeld though.

I always enjoyed friends, cracking show that's aged well. Tbh i think a lot of the hate just some weird snobbery. In a "that's not comedy, monty python is comedy ". Usually the same the people who dismiss Coldplay. It is popular, ergo it is wank.

I can at least say that that ain't me! I just find the characters grating.

could friends BE any funnier?

oh, my, gooawdd.... aaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha

I love Friends, still. Coldplay, not so much.

Community is good. S6 starts soon. Alison Brie :drool:

House: fantastic
Big Bang Theory: love it
Friends: I can watch it and laugh but don't go out of my way to bother
Seinfeld: dull
Frasier: good
MASH: why did it end, utterly superb.

Just some random thoughts that popped into my miniscule brain while reading the last page or two of this thread...

Cheers? Just out of interest.

I totally agree about MASH. Marvellous, marvellous programme.

I love Python. And hate friends. Ergo, Del is right. And Coldplay are AIDS for the ears.

Liked Cheers too, but like so many US TV shows it outstayed its welcome. Not MASH though, they could've still been making that now and would be brilliant.

frasier, good call! love that show. the episode where they go to the cabin and everyone is all horn-dogged up is classic.

I loved Seinfeld, though it is incredibly dated these days. Frank Costanza is probably the greatest comedy character ever in my opinion. I've always enjoyed HIMYM but haven't watched it since the stupid ending scenario was announced.

I loved Seinfeld, though it is incredibly dated these days. Frank Costanza is probably the greatest comedy character ever in my opinion. I've always enjoyed HIMYM but haven't watched it since the stupid ending scenario was announced.

Serenity now!

Festivus is probably the best example of Costanza madness, but his computer selling scheme with Lloyd Brawn is also a classic. His tirade in the post office to Elaine is also gold. After his introduction you can certainly see why George is so screwed up.

Festivus is probably the best example of Costanza madness, but his computer selling scheme with Lloyd Brawn is also a classic. His tirade in the post office to Elaine is also gold. After his introduction you can certainly see why George is so screwed up.
I think him playing pool against Kramer is comedy excellence. Also his stopping short tirade is comedy gold.

Loved Friends.
Thought HIMYM was better. Even liked the ending.
MASH was amazing.
Firefly was a massive kick in the balls, could have been great.
I really should watch parks & rec
Two boxed sets I could watch forever: Spaced & My So
Called Life
It's late
Pie.

I agree about Frank Costanza. Festivus is comedy gold.

Big Bang Theory: love it

I generally avoided BBT. No logical reason just came across as not for me. The wife decided she wanted to watch around 2 months ago and now I am hooked. Love the show. Lesson for me there is, judge it by watching rather than what you think it will be like.

I also love Scrubs(well the last 2 seasons can go fuck as they are shit), mainly for the superb level of Sarcasm used and it has one the best episodes ever when dealing with a death. Which is a weird thing for a comedy show to do in the manner they did it.

The rabies episode? That's a tough watch tbh. Cried like a baby most of the times I've seen it!

The rabies episode? That's a tough watch tbh. Cried like a baby most of the times I've seen it!

Been ages since I watched it. It has Brendan Fraser in it throughout the episode and it turns out he died at the very beginning.

Back