• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Speaking of Gogglebox the actual Gogglebox returns Friday 20th February

Yeah thats a better description. On Demand does have some Films in there but essentially what it is, is a selection of Entertainments shows, documentaries, music shows and films that are available to watch anytime for around 30 days. Almost like shows saved on to your hard rive, but Sky pick them

Oh right...
So it's a good thing to have I suppose.
Not that we're ever short of things to record...

Apparently it'll still only record 2 progs at once which I have to say is poxy in this day and age, but isn't there a lot more memory in the new box?

Don't forget that On Demand requires an internet connection.

10 years today since Nathan Barley was first aired.

I don't think Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker knew how ubiquitous Barley types would actually become...

Don't forget that On Demand requires an internet connection.

Oh really??
I didn't know that!!
Well, that might piss on them chips!

Obviously I have an internet connection, but does that mean it's required that the phone line is connected into the new Sky box?
We've never bothered with all that before

Oh really??
I didn't know that!!
Well, that might piss on them chips!

Obviously I have an internet connection, but does that mean it's required that the phone line is connected into the new Sky box?
We've never bothered with all that before

You can get a wireless adaptor so it runs off the wifi.

It doesn't have to have a phone connection, unless you already have one connected to your Sky box (I asked for mine to be installed without one). You can either hook it up via ethernet cable from your router, or as Mark says you can get a wifi adapter which plugs into the back of the Sky box.

On Demand is basically all your catch-up TV like iplayer, ITV, C4 etc, but you also get catchup for your Sky channels plus on-demand movies (though you only get access to them if you pay for Sky's movies channels). These all download to your planner like a normal recording.

It doesn't have to have a phone connection, unless you already have one connected to your Sky box (I asked for mine to be installed without one). You can either hook it up via ethernet cable from your router, or as Mark says you can get a wifi adapter which plugs into the back of the Sky box.

On Demand is basically all your catch-up TV like iplayer, ITV, C4 etc, but you also get catchup for your Sky channels plus on-demand movies (though you only get access to them if you pay for Sky's movies channels). These all download to your planner like a normal recording.

Good info Bear.
Is there a bigger memory card in the new box?
I know we can always delete stuff on a daily basis, but frequently what with kid's stuff and stuff I'd like to record, we're often down to 10% or worse. When we came back from the UK on Monday night, we had 3% left...

So if we have lots more 'good' things to watch and save, the memory's gonna be shot pretty fast!
Or is it?

Good info Bear.
Is there a bigger memory card in the new box?
I know we can always delete stuff on a daily basis, but frequently what with kid's stuff and stuff I'd like to record, we're often down to 10% or worse. When we came back from the UK on Monday night, we had 3% left...

So if we have lots more 'good' things to watch and save, the memory's gonna be shot pretty fast!
Or is it?

Don't forget that recording things in HD uses a fuck tonne more memory.

The standard HD box has 250gb recording space. I record everything in HD where possible and I only use 50-60% at most. The key is to delete stuff as soon as you watched them.

I don't think Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker knew how ubiquitous Barley types would actually become...
Chris Morris is superb.
Must dig out my Blue Jam cd when I get home.

Don't forget that recording things in HD uses a fuck tonne more memory.

Thanks Del, didn't know that either but it's almost obvious isn't it. Like taking a digital photo on 'Max Quality'.
That means Kid's stuff stays on low res.

There was a piece on the Guardian website about it today. Not gotten around to reading yet.
Bloody loved that programme. Brooker and Morris is a lethal combination. They should team up again.

Stumbled across Come Dine With Me on Ch4 featuring a Wolves fan. Trying to be as Black Country as they come.

I cannot stop watching british game shows... QI, 8/10 cats does countdown, was it something I said...

also got sucked into two seasons of gadget man

I've started watching The Chase every day after work and I'm getting far too into it

Back