• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Caught up on the first two episodes of Fortitude now. Quite an enjoyable watch so far, even if it still has much to reveal and unravel apart from the fact that there's something funky about the mammoth carcass and half the settlement is fucking the other half. Also enjoying Catastrophe and Drunk History.

Catastrophe is ace.

Any Breaking Bad fans watched the first episode of Better Call Saul?

But she's from LONDON! And she hasn't had sex for ages! That's how women from London think, you know.

couldn't believe those lines. dreadful.

i don't think this series is as bad as is being made out, but then i didn't think the first was as great as has been made out either. i'm sure there were as many ridiculous moments in the first series as they tried to mislead the audience as much as possible.

Concept wise there is plenty of interest going on, but the riding roughshod over legal process has made it ridiculous. I know now how squeeze, being a qualified nurse who worked a&e for years used to hate casualty.

The problem for me with Broadchurch now is that the big stupids in it, (mainly the court case) are making me look out for little stupids. Why was Hardy look so lovely and fresh when he woke up from his pacemaker surgery? Why was the newspaper editor making a carbonara in a Le Creuset like that? Why was Claire, supposedly a trained hairdresser, so very shit at hairdressing? Why are Lee and Claire suddenly buying a house together (with what money are they securing a mortgage) and why did the house they look at have no fence between it and next door? What sort of senior police officer leaves vital evidence in a handbag in a car and how did Claire know it was there?

And why does it never rain in TV Dorset? My wife grew up in Bridport/West Bay where this is filmed and we spend a lot of time there. It rains a lot.

No doubt will still watch it next week though.

Just activated my 6 months free Netflix subscription so it's finally time for me to watch Breaking Bad, and see what all the fuss is about.

Season 1, Episode 1 about to begin.....

Just activated my 6 months free Netflix subscription so it's finally time for me to watch Breaking Bad, and see what all the fuss is about.

Good stuff. I hope you like it.

Episode One was great TV - I've somehow managed to avoid finding out what it's about as I always intended to watch it, but I really enjoyed it. So much so that I'm looking forward to the next episode tonight.

As I said on this thread ages ago, the last time I watched a box set that was very highly rated like this was The Wire, and sadly I really didn't enjoy it at all for some reason. I'm much more hopeful that I'll really get into Breaking Bad based on that first episode.

We started that this year. Only just got the end of series 2, but it's been superb. In fact the end of the second series was absolutely brilliant.

Breaking Bad gets better and better with each series. A few people I've spoke to have said they found the first series slow but loved the rest, so if you're enjoying it from the off you're in for a right treat. First class TV.

Episode One was great TV - I've somehow managed to avoid finding out what it's about as I always intended to watch it, but I really enjoyed it. So much so that I'm looking forward to the next episode tonight.

As I said on this thread ages ago, the last time I watched a box set that was very highly rated like this was The Wire, and sadly I really didn't enjoy it at all for some reason. I'm much more hopeful that I'll really get into Breaking Bad based on that first episode.

It's one that gets better and better as it goes along imo and ends so well that it leaves you remembering how great it is. I'm currently rewatching it and just finished season 3

Just had a phone call from Sky to offer me their HD deal.
I get a new HD box,
I get to watch every channel that transmits in HD and...

I get about 230+ 'On Demand' progs & films.

For an extra €10 a month. So we're going for it.

What's 'On Demand'??

Just had a phone call from Sky to offer me their HD deal.
I get a new HD box,
I get to watch every channel that transmits in HD and...

I get about 230+ 'On Demand' progs & films.

For an extra €10 a month. So we're going for it.

What's 'On Demand'??

A film or programme that you would have to pay to watch.

A film or programme that you would have to pay to watch.

Isn't it stuff like ITV Player, BBC iPlayer and 4OD? Just programs that have been on that you can watch anytime? I don't think On Demand covers the premium pay for films or events such as boxing but I could be wrong.

Isn't it stuff like ITV Player, BBC iPlayer and 4OD? Just programs that have been on that you can watch anytime? I don't think On Demand covers the premium pay for films or events such as boxing but I could be wrong.

Yeah thats a better description. On Demand does have some Films in there but essentially what it is, is a selection of Entertainments shows, documentaries, music shows and films that are available to watch anytime for around 30 days. Almost like shows saved on to your hard rive, but Sky pick them

Episode One was great TV - I've somehow managed to avoid finding out what it's about as I always intended to watch it.
Same with me, until I mentioned it to a work colleague and he proceeded to tell me everything, which was annoying!

On Demand is basically watching things that have already been on whenever you want to see them

Back