• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

GoT trailer, Season 5

Not brilliant quality but....

Hhhnnnggg. The production budget must be huge for this, the falling harpy statue looks amazing!

I wish they'd stop giving Dany those cringeworthy 'epic' lines though. She's an ok actor but has fook all to work with sometimes.

Almost managed to separate the book and tv series in my mind now so I'm not as pissed off as I would've been at the way they're cutting chunks out of the story.

EDIT: Better quality version.

I tend to avoid trailers for things I know I'll be watching anyway, can't wait for the new GoT. They're putting the whole lot on sky on demand from 1st March so I want to try and get through the whole lot before the new series starts - might be a tall order!

I no longer have Sky Atlantic.

I don't know how I'm going to cope. Badly, I suppose.

I no longer have Sky Atlantic.

I don't know how I'm going to cope. Badly, I suppose.

I've got a dvd recorder so I'll stick 'em on a disc or two for you..... :whistle:

Sod him, well just talk about it endlessly on here :)

So rather than do a new film, Daredevil has been rebooted into a series (starring Deborah Ann Woll). With the first thirteen episodes out this year, is anyone going to bother with it?

(Other than Bear that is.)

Finally turned Broadchurch off - brilliant 1st series - second one descending into drivel

Really not that interested in who did what to whom any more

So annoying. It was tremendous. But this series has become utterly daft. A lawyer on a case fucking the local journalist???? Seriously???

Just going to watch it now, not with any great expectations to be honest. At least I've got The Walking Dead to follow it.

What is going on around the case is still good, but the destruction of believability by the nonsensical portrayal of the court case has ruined it for me.

That and the fact that there seems to be no police officer above Inspector rank who have questioned what Hardy & Miller have been doing for the last few weeks.

And then the defence barrister finally mentions the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 tonight after it has been continually breached for most of the first four episodes.

What is going on around the case is still good, but the destruction of believability by the nonsensical portrayal of the court case has ruined it for me.

I think the writers got it the wrng way around. The Sandbrooke case should be the focal point with the ludicrous court case in the background. As it is it's tosh. Such a shame.

So annoying. It was tremendous. But this series has become utterly daft. A lawyer on a case fucking the local journalist???? Seriously???

Means to an end wor it. 'I've got something juicy', obvious where it came from.

But making a plot point that will no doubt deliver in the next episodes by something utterly unrealistic destroys the verisimilitude and therefore the drama of the piece.

Caught up on the first two episodes of Fortitude now. Quite an enjoyable watch so far, even if it still has much to reveal and unravel apart from the fact that there's something funky about the mammoth carcass and half the settlement is fucking the other half. Also enjoying Catastrophe and Drunk History.

Back