• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Anybody seen The Leftovers? If so, what did you think?

I stuck it out until the end, don't know why. Doubt I'll watch the second season as I really don't care whether it explains the gaping holes in the plot or not, seemed an awful waste of TV to me.

Anyone watching Holocaust: Night Will Fall on Channel 4 right now? About the uncovered films recorded by the Americans/Russians as they entered the concentration camps.

Watching the end of this - in reality you only need a few minutes to accept the inhumanity that occurred at that time. A time we need to not forget - ever.

Watching the end of this - in reality you only need a few minutes to accept the inhumanity that occurred at that time. A time we need to not forget - ever.

And it all happened only 70 years ago. It blows my mind that humans could treat other humans with such depravity and disdain. The scene where normal German citizens were forced to visit the camps to see the horrors, and some walked away as they did not care for it, shows that many citizens at the time were fully aware of the camps but just did not care.

Will check this out as was at the holocaust memorial in Berlin yesterday, so especially poignant at the minute

My Dad fought across Northern Germany after the D Day landings & came across some of this (though not as one of the first troops in)

Never really spoke about it, but got snippets from his diaries which we found after my Mum died 20 yrs after he did. From what we could glean from that had a very clear affect on him

Just noticed that 'Day of the Jackal' is on tonight on ITV4 - one of my favourite films

I like the look of Fortitude which starts this week. I know Sky have been pushing it hard, but it does look good.

Broadchurch getting more preposterous by the week, but will stick it out just to see who they put in the frame next.

I like the look of Fortitude which starts this week. I know Sky have been pushing it hard, but it does look good.

I'm looking forward to this, I've run out of decent stuff to watch so am hoping this will fill the void for a while.

Broadchurch getting more preposterous by the week, but will stick it out just to see who they put in the frame next.

Will watch tonight's episode shortly, then will post most of what happened just to piss Del off.

First series it was utterly compelling. Really struggling to keep watching this series. The court shite is just so silly now.

And as for two detectives accused of an affair without evidence then staying in the same motel room randomly. Dear me.

First series it was utterly compelling. Really struggling to keep watching this series. The court $#@!e is just so silly now.

And as for two detectives accused of an affair without evidence then staying in the same motel room randomly. Dear me.

can't believe he didn't try the line "we might as well shag now we've been accused of it." I guess he's thinking of another.

not keeping my attention i'm afraid to say

I'm just about hanging in there with Broadchurch, but mainly because i enjoy shouting at the telly. It really isn't very plausible this time and now it's repeating last series' trick of adding in more and more red herrings.

I'm a fan of Chuck. Especially the lovely Yvonne Strahovski.

Back