• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Eichmann on BBC2. Watching it now, it is fascinating

It was absolutely superb - it's on the iPlayer so I'd recommend it to anyone. The two main characters were fantastic, and it was good the way they used actual footage from Eichmann's trial.

Some of the footage they used of the concentration camps was extremely harrowing, as were the witness accounts.

But the whole film was brilliantly done.

It was absolutely superb - it's on the iPlayer so I'd recommend it to anyone. The two main characters were fantastic, and it was good the way they used actual footage from Eichmann's trial.

Some of the footage they used of the concentration camps was extremely harrowing, as were the witness accounts.

But the whole film was brilliantly done.

Agreed. Was very gripping and moving. I thought the Herwitz guy was excellent.

Looking forward to Wolf Hall starting tonight. The books are excellent and the reviews I've read of tonight's show look good.

Caught up with episodes 3 & 4 of Spiral on iplayer last night (BBC4) well worth a watch if you've not seen it before, even into its 5th series.

Just got round to watching the Eichmann Show (forgot about it till it was half way through oringinally)

Brilliant & compelling - no more to be said

Finished the first ten eps of suits season 4. Cracking, tense and the usual good fun.

Watched the first couple on dave. Wasn't sure with episode 1. Episode 2 looked much better. Is the series a good un del?

Looking forward to Wolf Hall starting tonight. The books are excellent and the reviews I've read of tonight's show look good.

Was this any good? I've not read any of the books but I love Tudor history so hoping it appeals. And I think A Man For All Seasons is awesome. Isn't it essentially the same story - i.e. the rise and fall of Sir Thomas More?

Was this any good? I've not read any of the books but I love Tudor history so hoping it appeals. And I think A Man For All Seasons is awesome. Isn't it essentially the same story - i.e. the rise and fall of Sir Thomas More?

Really really slow. And dull. Only one scene with Henry in it so far.

It's more about the rise and rise of Thomas Cromwell, with Thomas More getting it in the neck along the way.

As DDW says, it was quite slow. It's certainly not The Tudors! The books were quite slow-burning - far more about the political maneouvering of the various parties to win power and influence than head-lopping and shagging. The TV series looks like it's going the same way. I'm going to stick with it as I think it's going to build up to really compelling, like the books.

Watched the first couple on dave. Wasn't sure with episode 1. Episode 2 looked much better. Is the series a good un del?

Yeah, was really impressed. Quite a few twists and turns, tough situations etc. Follows the usual formula but it's a winning one. Maybe an episode or two too long for the main story, but enjoyable

Just got round to watching the Eichmann Show (forgot about it till it was half way through oringinally)

Brilliant & compelling - no more to be said

Agreed. A further reminder of the horror of the holocaust, and no contrition whatsoever for the evil crimes the Nazi's had committed.

What the others said, though you would either need to have read the books or have a reasonable knowledge of the history to fully understand.

Also decent eyesight is a must as half of it is shot using only candlelight.

It's more about the rise and rise of Thomas Cromwell, with Thomas More getting it in the neck along the way.

As DDW says, it was quite slow. It's certainly not The Tudors! The books were quite slow-burning - far more about the political maneouvering of the various parties to win power and influence than head-lopping and shagging. The TV series looks like it's going the same way. I'm going to stick with it as I think it's going to build up to really compelling, like the books.

Good, I hated The Tudors!! I know about the history so if it's more about the political manoeuvring that's a bonus.

The Tudors was just OTT rubbish with shit acting.

I enjoyed Wolf Hall. Cromwell is excellently played and for a build the picture episode it was just that.

I thought it was crap, no sex, no tits, no be-headings, torture, executions and Anne Boleyn is no where near as good looking as yer one in the Tudors. Damien Lewis really got the short straw compared to Jonathan Meyers on that.

Its almost as if they expected you to think about what was going on!

Back