• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I have tried and I cannot get into it at all. Far too nerdy. Dragons FFS. Who other than 10 year olds wants to watch stuff with dragons?

This forum loves Doctor Who so I appreciate I am in the minority but it is no masterpiece.

On a par with Breaking Bad and The Shield. I could watch all of them over and over again.

Haven't seen either of them... The Drummer was so frustrated when he gave me The Wire, and I just couldn't get into that...
You see, the problem we have is...
By the time she gets home, eats the lovely dinners I cook for her, plays with our daughter, then helps put her to bed, that's at 8.30.
Get back into the lounge, tidy all the toys away, get a drink settle down... it's 9pm. She'll go to bed around 1030pm so we have 90 minutes to watch stuff that she's recorded. just ordinary stuff, because after a long day, that's all she wants. Plus, we chat and talk about stuff, so we keep pressing 'Pause'... probably watch about 30 mins of recorded tv...
So all this stuff on Sky Atlantic looks deadly, sounds great, but we're just not going to get near it, so I'm aware there's loads of good stuff just passing us by....

I have tried and I cannot get into it at all. Far too nerdy. Dragons FFS. Who other than 10 year olds wants to watch stuff with dragons?

This forum loves Doctor Who so I appreciate I am in the minority but it is no masterpiece.

I prefer the power struggle aspect of the story, which takes up far more of the plot than dragons or any other kind of 'sorcery'. I'll admit to liking dragons and that kind of nerdy shit, but GoT appeals more because of the influences of history (particularly English history) within the plots and characters.

It's just a well written, well cast and entertaining show. Best thing on TV by a country mile IMO - and I include Dr Who in that. It doesn't compare to GoT.

The good lady is watching "My big benefits family", and much to my regret I ended up watching it too.

I've not been impressed with Series 2 of Broadchurch so far. The courtroom stuff is just preposterous and the Sandbrook storyline is crap. "Milllaaarrr!"

Finished got season 4. What I'll say to anybody who is put off because of the genre, just watch it. Superb drama.

Finished got season 4. What I'll say to anybody who is put off because of the genre, just watch it. Superb drama.

I started from season 1 with my girlfriend just after Christmas. She's read 4 out of the 5 books but hasn't seen the TV series. Just started season 2, and I'll be buying season 4 when it comes out on blu ray. I bloody love that show. Fortunately, so does she.

I've read all the books, just got to wait the predicted two years before the next one is released. I will say that the new series will be interesting given the events of series four and I hope that it isn't as annoying as some elements of the book(s) that it will be based on.

I mean, reintroducing Catelyn FFS?! Talk about jumping the fucking shark.

Related, but I downloaded a homecinema app that allows you to download a bazillion box sets and films to your .mobile device, and they can then be sent to your smart TV via allcast or similar. It's fucking awesome.

Related, but I downloaded a homecinema app that allows you to download a bazillion box sets and films to your .mobile device, and they can then be sent to your smart TV via allcast or similar. It's $#@!ing awesome.

Name? Where can I get it from Del?

I've not been impressed with Series 2 of Broadchurch so far. The courtroom stuff is just preposterous and the Sandbrook storyline is crap. "Milllaaarrr!"

The courtroom last night was just stupid. So the "best" barrister is being employed by the prosecution and she allows insinuation of an affair between two police officers to be heard by the jury without any challenge? Ridiculous. That would have been objected as there was absolutely fuck all evidence of the alleged affair and struck out.

Two have come up in the Play Store
Home Cinema Choice,
Home Cinema; Action Movies which is £3-15p

Just put the URL into chrome on your phone and there is a direct download link

Back