• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I can't stand Vaughn so he'll have to go a long way to convince me. Farrell can be good or bad depending on the role.

McConaughey was already in the midst of his career renaissance when he got the TD gig. He's always been a bloody good actor. Vaughn is just shit.

I've decided to delve into Babylon 5. It's always been very highly regarded, and I'm up a for a bit of sci-fi as there's not much around that's good at the minute.

Got the first pilot movie and S1 to get me going.

I finished watching Fargo over Christmas and probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't kept falling asleep and having to watch single episodes in multiple sittings. Pretty good overall but nothing mind blowing, I need to watch the film again now.

I can't stand Vaughn so he'll have to go a long way to convince me. Farrell can be good or bad depending on the role.

McConaughey was already in the midst of his career renaissance when he got the TD gig. He's always been a bloody good actor. Vaughn is just $#@!.

it's not very inspiring casting for me either but I'll definitely be watching S2 when it's out. S1 was the best thing I've seen in a while. I loved shadow line, line of duty, Luther but felt this was a cut above. though, maybe the shadow line was almost as good.

good choices there. i like them all apart from Love/Hate which i haven't seen. TD is the dogs. series 2 could be interesting - colin farrell and vince vaughn. what dya make of that?

Disappointed by the casting. Cant stand Vince Vaughn, dont mind Colin Farrell but have a feeling they will both turn it into a Hollywood schmooze, compared to the darkness of the original. In saying that, i didnt like McConaughey before the first season and he blew me away so maybe Vaugh can do the same in this upcoming series.

Did anyone see the new 24 Hours in Police Custody. It was a juicy one!

I didn't see the first series of Broadchurch but due to the media hype at the time know who did it, so therefore don't fancy watching it. I have taped the first episode of the second though, is there any point in watching this if I've not seen the first though?

Yes. You might want to get a quick internet resume of series one to be completely up to speed but watching the whole first series won't be compulsory. Better if you do, but not absolutely necessary.

What the shitting fuck?! S3 E9 of game of thrones is probably the most dramatic hour of television I've ever seen. Fuck me. Just flabbergasted.

What the $#@!ting $#@!?! S3 E9 of game of thrones is probably the most dramatic hour of television I've ever seen. $#@! me. Just flabbergasted.

Ah yes....what a fantastic Wedding

I remember when that first screened. Having read the books you knew the carnage was coming, but it was still fucking ace.

Edit: Image too fucking small.

What has happened with putting pictures onto this place lately?

Attachments

• georgerrmartin-672x372.jpg
    georgerrmartin-672x372.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 31
I remember when that first screened. Having read the books you knew the carnage was coming, but it was still $#@!ing ace.

I hadn't read the books and my flabber was well and truly gasted!

the red wedding was probably the best episode ever, although Oberyn v the Mountain in series four was also top dollar stuff, as long as you hadn't eaten.

There are too many jaw dropping moments in GoT to pick one above the others. Phenomenal TV. Roll on April.

What the shitting fuck?! S3 E9 of game of thrones is probably the most dramatic hour of television I've ever seen. Fuck me. Just flabbergasted.

The Red Wedding. I remember me and my old housemate sitting there, jaws on the floor, literally speechless for 5 mins. And then we watched it again. Plenty more shocking stuff coming in Season 4 too.

Game of Thrones weddings are certainly something

My darling wife has expressed an interest in starting with this 'Game of Thrones' stuff.

I take it you guys feel there are some good spots....

My darling wife has expressed an interest in starting with this 'Game of Thrones' stuff.

I take it you guys feel there are some good spots....

The whole series is fantastic, Roy. Give it a go but stick with it

Back