• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

A reminder for Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe tonight (Tues) at 10pm on BBC2.

I always look forward to this every year.

Utter genius, makes Russell Brand look the amateur he is with words.

Russell Brand is to me what Jeremy Kyle is to Rufus Hound.

How much is a television license these days ?

Have to say I am really looking forward to the return of Broadchurch. The first series was utterly brilliant.

Did anyone just see Phil Neville's penalty miss on the FA Cup Question of Sport?
Shocking
I stopped watching QOS about 10 years ago. It used to be a great program growing up as a kid. Trying to guess the mystery sports person used to be my fav bit. Made big news when Bully was on it.

Broadchurch is superb again. Watching it on +1 as I wanted to see the end of the cup game but I am immersed in it again immediately. It is brilliant.

Never caught series 1, as you know I rarely watch TV bar sport and news. May give this a bash on S2 though.

Never caught series 1, as you know I rarely watch TV bar sport and news. May give this a bash on S2 though.

Best if you watch series 1 first. Apart from being utterly gripping it provides the story you need for the start of series 2.

You do need to watch series one for sure. What a great first episode tonight. Olivia Colman is just such a brilliant actress in it. Amazing stuff.

I need to 'acquire' Series One in that case. I really don't do TV drama, without being pretentious there is very little that interests me or stimulates me, it is all lowest common denominator these days. I long for a This Life or a Our Friends In The North, genuinely exciting TV. Or maybe I'm just stuck in the mid 90s, who knows!

I need to 'acquire' Series One in that case. I really don't do TV drama, without being pretentious there is very little that interests me or stimulates me, it is all lowest common denominator these days. I long for a This Life or a Our Friends In The North, genuinely exciting TV. Or maybe I'm just stuck in the mid 90s, who knows!

This Life was good, funny to see Miles popping up in Pirates of the Caribbean.

There's been plenty of good stuff on TV since then though. True Detective, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Luther, Love/Hate, Boardwalk Empire

This Life was good, funny to see Miles popping up in Pirates of the Caribbean.

There's been plenty of good stuff on TV since then though. True Detective, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Luther, Love/Hate, Boardwalk Empire

good choices there. i like them all apart from Love/Hate which i haven't seen. TD is the dogs. series 2 could be interesting - colin farrell and vince vaughn. what dya make of that?

Vince Vaughan and Colin Farell? Think I'll give season two a wide berth then.

Vince Vaughan and Colin Farell? Think I'll give season two a wide berth then.

To be fair, I didn't think Matthew McConaughey would be anything and certainly didn't expect the performance he gave in Season 1. Sometimes actors can surprise put in a role you don't expect. Vaughn pretty much plays the same character in his movies so hopefully he does a "McConaughey"

Broadchurch is superb again. Watching it on +1 as I wanted to see the end of the cup game but I am immersed in it again immediately. It is brilliant.

Finally got round to seeing this on ITV Player - very, very good with loads of new unanswered questions. Probably the only 'must see' programme of the moment

To be fair, I didn't think Matthew McConaughey would be anything and certainly didn't expect the performance he gave in Season 1. Sometimes actors can surprise put in a role you don't expect. Vaughn pretty much plays the same character in his movies so hopefully he does a "McConaughey"

True. I remember being outraged when it was announced Heath Ledger would be playing The Joker in the next Batman film and he was absolutely fucking amazing, I just can't see Vaughn doing the same. He's certainly got a lot to live up to given the performances of McConaughey and Harrelson who were both brilliant in season one and I'll be breaking a seventeen year old rule of not watching anything he's in if I do give it a go.

Colin Farrell is just a cunt.

Back