• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The Sopranos
Life On Mars
Broadchurch
Silent Witness
Oz
Game of Thrones
Line of Duty
The Shadow Line
The Walking Dead
Homeland

I've only seen 1 series of The Wire and The Shield was fun but got too silly. Not seen enough of Boardwalk Empire but it was good and Steve Buscemi is an excellent actor.

The final of the Apprentice is on tonight. While I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, we enjoy it and are looking forward to seeing who gets Lord Sugars £250,000.

Mark's business idea is far from unique. I answer at least one SEO related call every day and they all give you the same spiel. He comes across as a complete chancer.

Yes but Bianca has set her sights too high. She has had to drop her price and the extent of the range. At the moment I think Mark looks the slight favourite.

At least Bianca has had an idea at some point. Mark is asking for £250,000 to start a business I could start on my coffee table for around £25. If he wins, it'll be a farce.

Mark will make some money, Bianca could either make a lot of money or be done within 18 months. Tough choice.

From the early days of this series I thought that Roisin was the stand out candidate, but her business plan was blown to pieces last week.

Utterly baffling. Alan Sugar may as well have sent me a cheque for £250k.

I watched the first 3 series (maybe 4) of the Apprentice,sort of enjoyable in a cringeworthy way.
All the contestants claimed to be successful business owners until they met that tough interviewer guy,turned out some of them barely went to school. :)

Mark's business idea is far from unique. I answer at least one SEO related call every day and they all give you the same spiel. He comes across as a complete chancer.

What's SEO?

Utterly baffling. Alan Sugar may as well have sent me a cheque for £250k.

I think he went for Mark because Bianca could not decide which market she was after. Her starting price was £35, but it dropped to £20 at launch, and then in the boardroom she said she might drop down to the mass market at £5/6.

He went for Mark as it was the safe option.

Very dull, don't know why he said a gamble, it's absolutely not. He'll make a decent profit, but he'll never make a good profit.

I think he went for Mark because Bianca could not decide which market she was after. Her starting price was £35, but it dropped to £20 at launch, and then in the boardroom she said she might drop down to the mass market at £5/6.

That makes sense, but SEO is a very crowded marketplace. He's going to find it very difficult to make sales with no track record to speak of. If he's still in business this time next year I'll be amazed.

That makes sense, but SEO is a very crowded marketplace. He's going to find it very difficult to make sales with no track record to speak of. If he's still in business this time next year I'll be amazed.

Sure he said he'd been the top salesman at his old place? Plus he can play on the apprentice Alan Sugar link.

He'll make money, much like the recruitment guy he took on before.

Sure he said he'd been the top salesman at his old place? Plus he can play on the apprentice Alan Sugar link.

He'll make money, much like the recruitment guy he took on before.

According to a mate who used to work for them, the irritating bloke who shouts "YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE" on the double glazing advert was chosen because he was their top salesman for a number of years running. I suppose it just comes naturally to certain people. I can't see where it's going to come from for Mark to be honest.

According to a mate who used to work for them, the irritating bloke who shouts "YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE" on the double glazing advert was chosen because he was their top salesman for a number of years running. I suppose it just comes naturally to certain people. I can't see where it's going to come from for Mark to be honest.

Horses for courses, I sold double glazing when I was at uni, its fucking hard, so fair play to the annoying git.

Mark has clearly been successful doing what he wants to do, and he'll probably do the same on his own. Its just safe and dull, he sould have just offered him a job.

Looking forward to The Wrong Mans tonight. Not really a James Corden fan, but very much enjoyed it first time round.

Also looking forward to Derek - The Special. I'm not going to watch it, I'm just glad it's going to be the last one made...

Back