• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

New Black Mirror tonight. Can't wait!

New Black Mirror tonight. Can't wait!

Never seen it before but my girlfriend really enjoyed the previous ones so insisted we watched it tonight.

Thought it was fantastic TV - I loved it.

Never seen it before but my girlfriend really enjoyed the previous ones so insisted we watched it tonight.

Thought it was fantastic TV - I loved it.

Awesome, wasn't it. Great ideas, brilliant cast and equally brilliant acting.
You really should watch the others if you get a chance. They're on Netflix now, if that helps. Although I presume you can watch them on 4od?

What did you think? that ending didn't make sense.

Wasn't sure, but I like the ending - a good amount of missing cases are never resolved, difficult to say whether he had gone insane at the end, long beards do usually = insane in tv

Bu then I saw this on twitter - its the e-fit of Olly from the newspaper against the Russian boy

pic.twitter.com/nus1SDyh69

Reminded me a bit of Amber, think that was RTE? Really liked that too, but at the end it was oh...

Missing

I was initially really annoyed by it, thinking it was an unnecessary cliff hanger, particularly if it didn't eventually get closed.

But I think that was the whole point. Neither the viewer, nor tony, ever saw a body- so there's no closure, no certainty.

Though why laurence didn't shoot Georges in the leg/arm the second he cocked his shotgun is beyond me.

Thought the ending of The Missing was a bit of a let down after the rest of the series. Got the last The Fall to watch tonight, Homeland episode 11 and some more Fargo while the kids watch Text Santa.

I thought the end of the Missing was apt and very well done. The end of The Fall was brilliant, if a little predictable, but it was the acting that was outstanding. Jamie Dornan has been excellent and outshone Gillian Anderson at the end. (No spoilers). Gripping doesn't do it enough justice.

Black Mirror was compelling and Brooker is a genius for his writing. There has been some quality stuff on of late.

Dome my top 10 TV dramas of the 21st century elsewhere. 1999 is ok if it ran into 2000 or later.

1. The Sopranos
2. The Wire
3. Breaking Bad
4. Game Of Thrones
5. The Shield
6. Mad Men
7. 24
8. Battlestar Galactica
9. Alias
10. CSI: Las Vegas

Alias went in over Lost because of the disappointment of the final seasons. What would your top 10 be?

The West Wing, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Homeland and The Wire would be my Top 5, although the former went a bit stale from Season 5 onwards (the CJ fly on the wall doc. for example).

What would your top 10 be?

1: The Shield
2: Breaking Bad
3: Game of Thrones
4: 24
5: Homeland
6: The Walking Dead
7: Justified
8: True Detective
9: Life on Mars
10: The Killing

I can only go by the ones I've actually watched, so...
1) 24
2) Game of Thrones
3) Life on Mars
4) CSI
5) True Detective
6) NCIS
7) Ashes to Ashes
8) Fargo
9) Broadchurch
10) West Wing

In no particular order.

NCIS
Person of Interest
Elementary
Sleepy Hollow
Broadchurch
Arrow
Agents of SHIELD
Band of Brothers
Lie to Me
and ofcourse Doctor Who the new series.

Off the top of my head:
The Shield
Raising the Dead
Homeland
Spooks
Wire in the Blood
Luther
Judge John Deed
Peaky Blinders
Prison Break
Might have found room for Shameless and Heroes too, if they hadn’t outstayed their welcome. I know I’ve missed out lots of others, and failed to catch lots more – needs to be a top 20, 30 or 40 really; there’s been some good stuff on when you think about it.

Edit: Aargh - forgot Fargo! Too late now :-(

The wire has been put on sky on demand, I should really take advantage of it while it's there as everyone says it's really good.

Breaking bad
Game of thrones
Walking dead
House
Dexter
Lost
Hannibal

I thought True detective was amazing this year.

i don't have anything close to the Wire apart from that tbh.
and the Wire maintained it over a few series.

i did like sapphire and steel though.

Problem with True Detective and Agents Of SHIELD, is that TD has had one good season and the next few might well be rubbish. SHIELD had a very average, maybe even poor first season, but a great second season. Those two are still up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still loving House and Dexter has been good too, but I won't judge until they're both fully watched.

I'd have liked to have Buffy in my list but there was too many shows that pushed it out.

Forgot about that. Enjoyed the second series much more than the first but still don't think it would make my top ten.

I like it but nowhere near as much as my favourites, I haven't actually seen that many series all the way through though so a top 10 was pushing it!

I really enjoyed Awake and Studio 60 on the sunset strip but they both got canned after 1 season.

Back