• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Also looking forward to Derek - The Special. I'm not going to watch it, I'm just glad it's going to be the last one made...
You're looking forward to the finale of a show you're not going to watch? I'm not a fan usually of Ricky Gervais but have enjoyed Derek.

I've mostly enjoyed Ricky's stuff, going right back to the 11 o'Clock Show. Found Derek incredibly patronising and am glad to see the back if it. I'm not easily offended by comedy, but could not watch this.

Yeah, I'm the same. I like Gervais - The Office is timeless, 13 years since it first came out and still as relevant - but Derek is just uncomfortable. Neither funny nor touching.

I found the first series quite good and nicely funny/emotional at times. The second series was trying too hard to pull at the heartstrings and came across as a bit cringy.

I thought the Derek thing last night was fucking awful. Perhaps because it was the first one i'd seen so wasn't invested in the characters, but Gervais' constant gurning and the endless tear-jerk music signifying just how very moving everything was really put me off.

The Wrong Mans on the other hand was better than I expected, despite them being imprisoned in what was supposed to be an American jail but actually appeared to be a red-brick English secondary school.

You living in a box?

Not at all, I just avoid shit news papers as a matter of course, so I can avoid the endings of TV shows until I'm ready to watch them. The spoiler tags aren't difficult master, unless you're just a cunt and can't be bothered. The only 'live TV' I watch is football, and that's not uncommon.

Not at all, I just avoid shit news papers as a matter of course, so I can avoid the endings of TV shows until I'm ready to watch them. The spoiler tags aren't difficult master, unless you're just a cunt and can't be bothered. The only 'live TV' I watch is football, and that's not uncommon.

Merry Christmas too, let's hope next year is better for you!

You too.

you're still a pair of cunts for not using spoilers

Top Gear Patagonia special on 27/28 Dec. Be interesting to see whether this sheds any light on what happened with numberplategate/whether it was all a setup/how the BBC have edited it or whether it is all an anti-climax

Some stuff on over Christmas:

Marvellous - Thursday 25th 11pm (if like me you missed it first time round)
Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2014 - Friday 26th Ch4 9pm
Top Gear Patagonia Special - BBC2 Saturday 27th 8:30pm
8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown Christmas Special - Ch4 Monday 29th 9pm
Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe - Tuesday 30th Dec BBC2 10pm

Some stuff on over Christmas:

Marvellous - Thursday 25th 11pm (if like me you missed it first time round)
Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2014 - Friday 26th Ch4 9pm
Top Gear Patagonia Special - BBC2 Saturday 27th 8:30pm
8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown Christmas Special - Ch4 Monday 29th 9pm
Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe - Tuesday 30th Dec BBC2 10pm

I'll be watching that, happened upon it one night watching TV with the missus and by the end we were both captivated. Lovely film

Cheers for that, it's the one time of year I could do with getting a TV guide to see what's on but I never do

Really enjoying the Arrow/Flash crossover episodes that have been on recently, they've managed to mix the contrasting styles really well.

A reminder for Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe tonight (Tues) at 10pm on BBC2.

I always look forward to this every year.

A reminder for Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe tonight (Tues) at 10pm on BBC2.

I always look forward to this every year.

After watching that I am glad I missed When Corden met Barlow! What a great story from Barlow about how all his family raced back from meeting the Queen to get his MBE or whatever and they enjoyed the Stew he had put on earlier. He must be a fucking blast on a night out.

Back