• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I'm giving up on Wolf Hall. Completely colourless and dull, void of any real quality. The acting is good. Script hardly sounds like it fits the era and even the moments of emotion seem empty and sterile. The costumes and cinematography are good but there's something missing overall and it's not compelling enough to be continuing with.

I quite like it. I think the characters are good, yes it's slow but it makes you think about the intrigue and politics of the time.

Watched episode 1 of Wolf Hall with my girlfriend last night. She thought it was too dull and too slow but I actually enjoyed it - way better than The Tudors. I'll probably watch the 2nd episode tonight. On my own though!!

New series of Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe starts tonight.

Yeah I meant to mention it but forgot.

10pm BBC2.

I'm giving up on Wolf Hall. Completely colourless and dull, void of any real quality. The acting is good. Script hardly sounds like it fits the era and even the moments of emotion seem empty and sterile. The costumes and cinematography are good but there's something missing overall and it's not compelling enough to be continuing with.

I couldn't disagree more if you'd said Kasabian were the new Beatles!

It was great. Cromwell's a really good mix of compassion, mischief and menace and all the other characters are moving round like chess pieces. Yeah it could do with more tits and car chases but what couldn't?

Might have detracted from the point of Schindler's List if Spielberg had chucked that in.

You telling me all those Jews escaping in a souped up motor pursued by loads of Nazis on powerful motorbikes, and perhaps a motorboat at one point wouldn't have improved it? And if they'd added on some Benny Hill chase music, well...

You telling me all those Jews escaping in a souped up motor pursued by loads of Nazis on powerful motorbikes, and perhaps a motorboat at one point wouldn't have improved it? And if they'd added on some Benny Hill chase music, well...

It would've definitely lightened the mood a bit.

I thought I had Sky Atlantic. I don't. I'll have to find it somewhere else.

Wolf Hall is excellent. Compelling viewing.

My favourite era in British History. I've just started reading Henry VIII King & Court by Alison Weir so it's all good for me!

Wolf Hall is good on characterisation so far - the part of Gardner is well played, creepy & oily at the same time

GoT trailer, Season 5

Not brilliant quality but....

Watching a somewhat strange show on C4 called The Hotel.

Not sure if it's a comedy or not. It's shocking to see how hilariously mismanaged the hotel is, Fawlty Towers has nothing on these clowns

Watching a somewhat strange show on C4 called The Hotel.

Not sure if it's a comedy or not. It's shocking to see how hilariously mismanaged the hotel is, Fawlty Towers has nothing on these clowns

I have literally never seen anything as cringe inducing as this, not even The Office.
I'm hoping this is a wind up, or a hidden camera show, because this is painful... Unbelievable viewing

It's supposed to be an out and out reality show, personally I think elements are scripted and situations suggested by the production team

Back