• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Not Sky Atlantic but has anyone been watching 'Life's Too Short'? It is absolutely brilliant. Cringe-making, but brilliant. I wasn't all that fussed by The Office, I quite liked Extras, but this is Gervais and Merchant at their best IMO.

Not Sky Atlantic but has anyone been watching 'Life's Too Short'? It is absolutely brilliant. Cringe-making, but brilliant. I wasn't all that fussed by The Office, I quite liked Extras, but this is Gervais and Merchant at their best IMO.

Saw the first episode the other night - loved it. Particularly the bit with Liam Neeson.

Saw the first episode the other night - loved it. Particularly the bit with Liam Neeson.

Episode 2 is even better. The bits with Jonny Depp are great, but even better is the wedding scene at the end. It's one of those 'watch with your head in your hands' scenes. Fantastic.

It's on the Sky box ready to watch tonight.

Cheers Langdale. I'll hit the delete button. Also got The Walking Dead Season Two to watch. Need more hours in a day!

Just got the last episode Treme series 2 to watch; the second series has been absolutely brilliant from the very first minute. I've loved it. Music, food, politics and above all drama. What else do you need from a TV programme?!

Don't know where to put this so I'll put it here. Been watching the first few episodes of Workaholics and have enjoyed every minute of it.

Shall we change this to a general thread about TV?

Say the words and the title will be changed quicker than the Molineux crowd's attitude to Stephen Ward.

Go wild Langers, you only live once!

Anybody been watching The Walking Dead on FX?

I think it's a bit crap. All the characters are acting like Gervais. There are some funny moments though and I thought Depp was good.

I thought The Office was better than Extras too, both very, very funny though.

I go the other way - I thought The Office was brilliant, Extras OK but this really didn't do it for me. Seems a bit lazy - get some famous friends in who have said they like Gervais's stuff and then make them all behave in the prescribed Gervais manner.

And while I can see they're talented writers, I find myself disliking G&M more and more as people. The sort of people I would move away from if they stood near me in the pub. (I'm sure the feeling would be mutual.)

I think it's a bit crap. All the characters are acting like Gervais.

I thought The Office was better than Extras too, both very, very funny though.
+1 to all of that.

Anybody been watching The Walking Dead on FX?
I watched the first season which was excellent. I've been recording Season Two as not got time to watch it at the moment.

Anybody know anything about the Treasure Island snippets Sky keep showing?

Yes - Sky are making a version of Treasure Island.

I watched the first season which was excellent. I've been recording Season Two as not got time to watch it at the moment.

You should pick up the collected editions of the comics. If you like the TV series (which is bloody great), you'll love the comics.

Funny you say that I did download one of the comics and viewed it with a comic book reader which was pretty cool. I'll have to look into getting some more....wonder if you can get it for the Kindle?

Back