• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

So that's the end of Game of Thrones - easily the best thing that's been on Sky Atlantic so far IMHO, which is quite an accolade as the standards have been pretty good.

Just started reading the book now.

The Borgias starts soon - that looks interesting.

I was gutted when it said the final episode! Very good series although a little slow at times. What is the book like?

I was gutted when it said the final episode! Very good series although a little slow at times. What is the book like?

I've not read much of it yet, but it's pretty decent so far. I'll certainly read the rest of them once I've finished this one.

Just watched the last Game of Thrones. Agree with others, it was excellent. So many unanswered questions at the end though, I look forward to the next series.

I know it's not a Sky Atlantic programme, but I would like to mention the superlative 'Luther', one of the best British dramas in ages IMO. Idris Elba, who plays Luther, is also Stringer Bell from The Wire.

The Borgias starts soon. Marvellous - another titty-fest with a very loose historical background.

Will defo keep an eye out for The Borgias. I've been after a new series to dive into.

Also, glad to hear you are enjoying the Game of Thrones book!

Edit: How did you feel about certain events towards the end of the season? I won't stick spoilers here, for those who haven't watched it, but I do envy first-time readers/viewers for the sheer amount of "WTF?!" moments.

Will defo keep an eye out for The Borgias. I've been after a new series to dive into.

Also, glad to hear you are enjoying the Game of Thrones book!

Edit: How did you feel about certain events towards the end of the season? I won't stick spoilers here, for those who haven't watched it, but I do envy first-time readers/viewers for the sheer amount of "WTF?!" moments.

I just thought it made really good television - the twists/key events were well thought out, well written and not over-sensationalised. And they WERE great scenes!!

I'm about 150 pages into the book now and already it's made me realise that it's a very close adaptation, and extremely well cast at that.

:headbang: :headbang: HBO should use this for Season 2!

And this is just bizarre:

slide_30752_297429_large.jpg

slide_30752_297427_large.jpg

slide_30752_297428_large.jpg

slide_30752_297430_large.jpg

Boardwalk Empire Season 2 Teaser:

I know it's not Sky Atlantic but this seems a good place for general TV chat, so the next thing I could find myself Sky +ing is Falling Skies, Friday on FX, 11.05pm. Spielberg's behind it so it's it bound to be good (unless it's his non-union Mexican counterpart Spielbergo)...

What's it about? Sell it to us.

Oh by the way - I think The Borgias starts on August 5th on Sky Atlantic. I'll be giving that a go.

From what I've read from people who've already been watching the first 4 episodes of Falling Skies, it's a bit bobbins apparently. Only 4 episodes in though so it could get better.

From what I've read from people who've already been watching the first 4 episodes of Falling Skies, it's a bit bobbins apparently. Only 4 episodes in though so it could get better.

It has been renewed for a second season which means I can continue to watch it.

Well I've put it on the Sky + so I'll give it a go.

Not much to watch at the moment, so we need something! Torchwood starts soon though - it'll be interesting how they manage to adapt it for the American audience.

I believe Falling Skies is quite poor.

I have to say that the second series of Six Feet Under is just as good as the first. Top class writing and acting.

I'm watching Six Feet Under at the minute. A few eps to go in S1. Pretty good so far but I can't watch most of the gay stuff!

How much does the woman that plays Brenda look like Juliette Lewis!!

I've also stuck Falling Skies on Sky+, just started watching the second series of Treme. Hopefully by the time I've finished Boardwalk Empire S2 will have started.

Found out something quite awesome today. My mum is friends with the mum of the actor who plays Jon Snow in Game of Thrones.

I thought that was well cool. It's his first major role apparently, and he has a 5-year deal with the casting company. And he's not a bastard either.

Back