• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

A heads up for Not Going Out fans. The new series starts tonight at 21:30 on BBC One HD.

A heads up for Not Going Out fans. The new series starts tonight at 21:30 on BBC One HD.

I wonder what sort of rubbish BBC channel I have,it just says BBC HD and that's not on.Must be some international 'worst of' channel thing. :(
Tonight there's Call the Midwife,several James May in a row,an old Doctor Who epi,Zen,Scott & Bailey,some more James May...

We used to get BBC World when I lived in Germany. It was crap. Not worth the bother.

Zen was pretty good. I assume they cancelled it after one series, which is a shame.

We used to get BBC World when I lived in Germany. It was crap. Not worth the bother.

I have that too,and Lifestyle,Knowledge and Entertainment...all part of the basic pack.They seem to be proper channels but not much to see!

For anyone interested in the American Civil War, a programme is about to begin on PBS about Abraham Lincoln and Gettysberg. I am certainly looking forwatd to it.

Gotham episode 2 - how can a show have so much potential but get absolutely everything completely wrong?

Shit acting, woeful plot, wooden characters, it's horrific.

Think I'll be giving up with it now. It ain't going to go anywhere, is it?

I think I might just press 'delete' on the 2 episodes of Gotham I have on the Sky box. I think I'm also giving up on The Leftovers after 4 episodes, it's just not really doing anything for me. At least I have series 3 of Homeland to watch now plus a load of Portlandia episodes on Netflix.

I think I might just press 'delete' on the 2 episodes of Gotham I have on the Sky box. I think I'm also giving up on The Leftovers after 4 episodes, it's just not really doing anything for me. At least I have series 3 of Homeland to watch now plus a load of Portlandia episodes on Netflix.

A good mate of mine is obsessed with anything to do with Batman and said 'it's too early to write it off'.

I can't agree with that. Some shows are slow burners, but this is just plain awful. Unless they hire new writers who don't think their audience consists of Primary School children, sack off the entire cast and get some actors who can actually ACT and drop the quite incredibly bad patronising then I'd consider not writing it off.

But that's not going to happen.

As for Homeland - series 1 was ace, series 2 was a big let down and I gave up after 2 episodes of series 3. One of those decent shows that seemed to favour quantity over quality. Big shame that as the first series was great telly.

I struggle to remember where series 1 ended and series 2 started with Homeland. I quite like where they were going with series 3 but then the way it ended pretty much killed it for me, i've watched the two episodes of series 4 that have been on so far but i'm not really into it.

The things that always bugged me with it more than anything is that they seem to wait ages between the series', i can never remember what happened at the end of the last one when the new one starts out so then i have to go back and look on the internet to refresh my memory and then always takes a while to get into the new series as a result.

Homeland s04e01 was pretty good, IMO, and you don't need to watch the rest to catch up. Seems to be back on track; you might want to give it a go.

Been watching Secrets and Lies on C5. Australian thriller. Not exceptional, but not bad either, as these things go.

As for Homeland - series 1 was ace, series 2 was a big let down and I gave up after 2 episodes of series 3. One of those decent shows that seemed to favour quantity over quality. Big shame that as the first series was great telly.

I've heard a few say this but i'm the opposite on homeland. I think it's improved and become far more credible as it's gone on. then again, I thought breaking bad was overhyped sh$te yet a lot of people seem to like it.

The new series of homeland is great, much better return to form.

That said, I think breaking bad is great too.

The new series of homeland is great, much better return to form.

That said, I think breaking bad is great too.

pretty sure i'm in a minority on bb. I found it a nonsensical borefest and a generally unfunny comedy.

Anybody watching 'The Leftovers'? I've seen the first 3 episodes but not sure what to make of it. I was wondering if it got any better?

I quite like it - a character an episode to get them developed - Theroux and Christopher ecclestone have been really good so far. They've not done much with liv Tyler though. I figure at some point they'll have to stop developing and do something dramatic.

Looking forward to this new mini series The Missing, starting on BBC1 tonight.

What did you think Drummer?

I enjoyed it. Script writers have clearly been reading Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and watching Broadchurch.

I'm currently enjoying Peaky Blinders (I know the accents are awful), Gogglebox, Human Universe and The Blacklist too. There's some really good stuff on at the moment and I haven't got round to Homeland s4 yet. I think it's getting better through the series.

Looking forward to The Fall and enjoyed The Driver with David Morrissey.

Been watching and being enthralled by Gracepoint. Tennant's accent is a little strange and the relationship between Tennant's character and Anna Gunn's character is, erm, highly unprofessional, but otherwise I'm totally hooked.

Back