• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I would recommend you read Countdown: A history of Space Flight by T.A. Hoppenheimer.

It is an excellent read, and covers all the different areas of space exploration from the early days, through to what the future holds for space exploration.
I recall really enjoying this book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Starman-Truth-Behind-Legend-Gagarin/dp/0747542678/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413366384&sr=8-1&keywords=Starman%3A+The+Truth+Behind+the+Legend+of+Yuri+Gagarin

I've got Gotham on the Sky box to watch. Don't think I'll be rushing to watch it after the reviews on here. I've just started watching The Leftovers though so that should keep me busy for a bit.

I've got Gotham on the Sky box to watch. Don't think I'll be rushing to watch it after the reviews on here. I've just started watching The Leftovers though so that should keep me busy for a bit.

Agree with everyone else - don't bother. Trite & banal with a story line for those with a very short attention span.

Won't be bothering again.

Just found 'Judge Judy' on again on ITV3 - tacky rubbish clearly edited for TV, but one of the funniest programmes around :icon_biggrin:

Watched a fascinating documentary on BBC4 about the Space Race last night, but from the Soviet side of things. Lots of footage of the first space walk, the risks taken to get Gagarin into orbit, the tragedies that occurred to the Soviet space programme in the race to the moon and afterwards up to the present day. Really interesting programme.

After that, on the same channel, there was a documentary about Abdul Mohmand - the first Afghan in space who took part in a Soviet mission during the Soviet/Afghan conflict.

An excellent night's viewing - I really enjoy the history of space exploration.

I also love anything space related. Have a look at this, great story that should be made into a film.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/2014/newsspec_9035/index.html

fascinating prog on Beeb4. Roughly about black holes and the reason why the theory of relativity and quantum physics knock heads in a black hole environment and basically, until somebody works out the connection physics just doesn't work on a fundamental level.

Staggering stuff. My brain is melting. But it is fabulous.

fascinating prog on Beeb4. Roughly about black holes and the reason why the theory of relativity and quantum physics knock heads in a black hole environment and basically, until somebody works out the connection physics just doesn't work on a fundamental level.

Staggering stuff. My brain is melting. But it is fabulous.

I've recorded that as it was bedtime. I watched the LHC doc before that.

I've recorded that as it was bedtime. I watched the LHC doc before that.

Watched the LHC programme, felt sorry for the bloke who watched 40 years of research go up in smoke :(

Just found 'Judge Judy' on again on ITV3 - tacky rubbish clearly edited for TV, but one of the funniest programmes around :icon_biggrin:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. It's excellent. And it gave rise to the great line in Hot Fuzz - "who made you Judge Judy and executioner?"

And I still like the Apprentice too. Yes, they're all wankers but sometimes it's nice to watch wankers being humiliated on public television. This year's crop seem particularly inept and positively thick in some cases. "Let's make absolutely sure we know what 'tenacity' means". And Dara's show afterwards on BBC2 is good fun.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. It's excellent. And it gave rise to the great line in Hot Fuzz - "who made you Judge Judy and executioner?"

And I still like the Apprentice too. Yes, they're all wankers but sometimes it's nice to watch wankers being humiliated on public television. This year's crop seem particularly inept and positively thick in some cases. "Let's make absolutely sure we know what 'tenacity' means". And Dara's show afterwards on BBC2 is good fun.

This years apprentices seem to be the worst group they have had. And no -one seems to want to take any control or be project manager. Lord Sugar as good as told Robert last night that he should be project manager, but he ducked out of it, and was quickly fired.

Watched the LHC programme, felt sorry for the bloke who watched 40 years of research go up in smoke :(
It wasn't in the end though. That was only true if the Higgs mass was found to be 140 GeV. In the end it seemed to not rule out either of super-symmetry or multiverse theories.

Personally I'm in the multiverse and random chaos side of the opinion. It

Anybody watching 'The Leftovers'? I've seen the first 3 episodes but not sure what to make of it. I was wondering if it got any better?

Please tell me you thought Gotham was an excellently written, gripping, well paced triumph of television?

I haven't watched Gotham but that is exactly what I'm thinking.

Anybody watching 'The Leftovers'? I've seen the first 3 episodes but not sure what to make of it. I was wondering if it got any better?

Can't help you,the first episode annoyed me to no end so haven't watched any more of it.

Back