• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

They're showing series one on GOLD at the moment. On a Friday night I think. Some of the dialogue still makes me laugh. The bit when they were arguing about each others faces when Fielding is painting is brilliant, for example.

It had its day but I just don't find it funny at all now.

Boosh and Darkplace came out at around the same time but there's just no contest between them now. I loved Darkplace at the time and it's still up there with the best British comedy series of all time IMO.

I know what you're saying and I agree to an extent but I don't really hold that against the show. I enjoyed it at the time, so I still class it as good. It does mean it will never be a 'great', but I don't let it's ungracious aging take away from what it had at the time.

Dave Gorman tonight was 'Goodish'.

Not one of his best, but picked up at the end

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, and I know that Deutsch has promoted it elsewhere on this site, Marvellous is still available to watch on the BBC iplayer.

An excellent watch and despite supporters in gold and black scarves chanting obscenities in the main characters direction I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Dave Gorman tonight was 'Goodish'.

Not one of his best, but picked up at the end

I thought it was another excellent show - last weeks was definitely my favourite but I really enjoyed last nights too.

I thought it was another excellent show - last weeks was definitely my favourite but I really enjoyed last nights too.

I was honestly considering starting a petition after last night, I just don't know what :)

I hated Mighty Boosh even back in 06 when it was just out. I couldn't get over how big it was, I Thought it was garbage. I agree about Fielding on Buzzcocks though, he was good on that. Buzzcocks needs Mark Lamar back IMO. Simon Amstell was good but preferred Lamar's dry wit

I saw the Boosh in 2000 at the Edinburgh fringe. Thought it was ok, but given the hype it had wasn't that fussed. Eventually they were on TV a few years later and it was exactly the same.
I think Darkplace was helped by being retro to begin with, making it kinda timeless. I still think it is brilliant.

Darkplace is one of my favourite comedies of all time. However the DVD commentaries from the actors in character raise the show even more, if anything they are funnier than the show itself.

Darkplace is one of my favourite comedies of all time. However the DVD commentaries from the actors in character raise the show even more, if anything they are funnier than the show itself.

I warned Garth, erm, I said, "I'm not an actor". And erm, he said... I'll always remember this... that he didn't want an act, he wanted "the truth". So here is Dean Learner, playing Thornton Reed. Not putting on an act, but putting on the truth!

There was talk recently of a Darkplace movie. I kinda hope they don't make it, the fact that hardly anybody watched it at the time and it got cancelled after 1 series makes the whole premise of the show even funnier.

I think my favourite bit was when they said they filmed lots in slow motion because they didn't have enough footage and needed to stretch it out

Not a new show but on Saturday night I watched the episode of Bottom when Ritchie and Eddie are stuck at the top of a ferris wheel. Absolute classic. :icon_lol:

Not a new show but on Saturday night I watched the episode of Bottom when Ritchie and Eddie are stuck at the top of a ferris wheel. Absolute classic. :icon_lol:
Found myself watching Father Ted last night another classic.

Started to watch The Blacklist yesterday.

Very rare for a show to grab my attention from the word go. Only 4 episodes into Season 1 but its pretty damn good so far.

It's awesome.

Just got caught up to the current series its gripping all the way through.

Watched a fascinating documentary on BBC4 about the Space Race last night, but from the Soviet side of things. Lots of footage of the first space walk, the risks taken to get Gagarin into orbit, the tragedies that occurred to the Soviet space programme in the race to the moon and afterwards up to the present day. Really interesting programme.

After that, on the same channel, there was a documentary about Abdul Mohmand - the first Afghan in space who took part in a Soviet mission during the Soviet/Afghan conflict.

An excellent night's viewing - I really enjoy the history of space exploration.

I'll try and catch that on the iplayer. Did you catch the new Brian Cox documentary on humans and travelling into space? I thought it was brilliant.

In other news, Gotham was horrendous. It was a paint by numbers version of the Batman story, In comparison to SHIELD and The Walking Dead (I've not seen Arrow, Constantine or The Flash) it was making an after the watershed show for those with the mental capacity to struggle with a Peppa Pig plot.

Back