• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Had the misfortune of sitting through an episode of Bad Teacher the other night. What complete and utter tosh that was.

Do you mean Bad Education with Jack Whitehall? If so, it is dire, just shite and he's about as funny as kick in the knackers.

Do you mean Bad Education with Jack Whitehall? If so, it is dire, just shite and he's about as funny as kick in the knackers.

Yeah, that's the one. What pisses me off about Whitehall is his tendency to put on a lisp every now and again - usually when he's playing up to the "nice but dim" posh kid stereotype.

I find his being about as funny as shaving your head with a buzz saw even more annoying.

Did anyone see "24 hours in Police Custody" on Channel 4 last night. Really good. Interesting to see the process but I can't help feel a little let down by the "system" and how it can be so easily played.

It has just started. Is this the same programme or a repeat?

It's the second episode that's just started.

Didn't think yesterday's "24 Hours in Police Custody" was as good as last weeks.

Didn't think yesterday's "24 Hours in Police Custody" was as good as last weeks.

No, they peaked too soon with a murder conspiracy.

Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish was GENIUS on Tuesday! Did anyone else catch it? Best one so far IMO.
Watched it over the weekend and like a dick purchased a lawnmower....only one though, I'm not really stupid!

Can't stand Jack Whitehall. There are a few "comedians" that seem to be on everything at the moment and most of them aren't in the least funny.

Jack Whitehall and his Made in Chelsea schtick need to fuck off. I remember seeing him at one of those student comedy nights years ago, before he was "famous" so to speak. After 6 years he's still going on about Robert Pattinson as if he secretly wanted to play a one-on-one game of sticky biscuit with him in the school boarding house.

How do y'all feel about Noel Fielding and Richard Ayoade?

I think Ayoade is a one trick pony but very good with words and has quality timing. A poor man's Jack Dee or miserable Eddie Izzard.

Noel Fielding: As funny as Fox News.

Just curious as they've got quite a bit of exposure over here of late.

I like Ayoade a lot. I'm a fan of Fielding too, especially in the Mighty Boosh. His Luxury Comedy series is terrible though.

The Might Boosh is awful, I watched an episode a few weeks ago and it hasn't aged well at all. I've no idea how people found it so funny at the time (myself included). I liked Fielding on Buzzcocks though.

Ayoade is brilliant. He's fucking hilarious in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

So you liked it at the time but now think it's awful? I'll agree that it hasn't aged well, but there were some properly funny scenes and characters that made me laugh when it first came out. You can't take that away because times have changed.

Or something less dramatic....

So you liked it at the time but now think it's awful? I'll agree that it hasn't aged well, but there were some properly funny scenes and characters that made me laugh when it first came out. You can't take that away because times have changed.

I don't know what was going through my brain the first time round. I'm not sure I could sit through an entire episode now, it's fucking torture.

Back