• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just recently finished:

Game of Thrones seasons 1-4: Absolutely fucking brilliant. If you haven't seen it, watch it.
Penny Dreadful season 1: Slow to start but got really interesting in the second half. If there's a season II it's set up nicely.

Currenly watching:

Scott & Bailey: The missus likes it, it's OK when there's nothing else on.
Chasing Shadows: Ho-hum and completely predictable. Reece Shearsmith is decent but doesn't make up for the rest of the dross.

To watch:

The Leftovers season I: Looks very interesting from what little I've seen, might start watching these this week.
Gotham: Got episode one last week and can't wait to get to watching it, should be good.

Did anyone see "24 hours in Police Custody" on Channel 4 last night. Really good. Interesting to see the process but I can't help feel a little let down by the "system" and how it can be so easily played.

Did anyone see "24 hours in Police Custody" on Channel 4 last night. Really good. Interesting to see the process but I can't help feel a little let down by the "system" and how it can be so easily played.
Also thought it was very interesting. The lad's "No Comment" stance did him a lot of favours.

The lad's "No Comment" stance did him a lot of favours.

Annoyingly so. Would love to have seen the outcome had he talked in his interrogation.

Watched series 2, episode 1 of The Blacklist last night, love it :)

Saw the advert for that and thought it looked good. Unfortunately I've missed the entire 1st series!

There's some quite marvellous trash on a Tuesday night at the moment: Botched, which is based around two plastic surgeons correcting numerous and varied plastic surgery disasters (plus a nice human interest one to balance things out a little); Tattoos After Dark which is basically a much funnier version of LA/NY Ink and Who's Doing the Dishes? which has some bloke from Westlife taking four random people to a 'celebrity's' house who then proceeds to cook them dinner while they try to guess who it is. A bit like Through the Keyhole with calories, really.

Just been confirmed that Gotham will start on Channel 5 on Monday 13th October at 9pm.

Gracepoint (the American version of Broadchurch) apparently premiered over there yesterday.I wonder if it's the same story with different setting or if they've developed something new.

I liked Broadchurch.

Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish was GENIUS on Tuesday! Did anyone else catch it? Best one so far IMO.

Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish was GENIUS on Tuesday! Did anyone else catch it? Best one so far IMO.

It was fucking ace! Watched it last night and it was easily the best one yet.

Gracepoint (the American version of Broadchurch) apparently premiered over there yesterday.I wonder if it's the same story with different setting or if they've developed something new.

I liked Broadchurch.

Broadchurch was excellent.

I liked Broadchurch.

I have 'aquired' it to watch, reviews have been mixed and apparently David Tennant' accent is about ropey. Still going to give it a watch though.

Superb - his 'Found Poems' are the equal of anything the poet laureate could come up with (& a whole lot funnier :))

I have 'aquired' it to watch, reviews have been mixed and apparently David Tennant' accent is about ropey. Still going to give it a watch though.

Having Tennant in it as an American is a bit weird.I'll give it a go nonetheless as I can't really hear 'ropey accents' anyway (unless it sounds like a German speaking English). :)

Had the misfortune of sitting through an episode of Bad Teacher the other night. What complete and utter tosh that was.

Had the misfortune of sitting through an episode of Bad Teacher the other night. What complete and utter tosh that was.

Terrible isn't it. BBC3's comedy output (well BBC's as a whole actually) is criminal. Stewart Lee and Charlie Brooker aside.

I watched the Dectectorists on BBC4 the other day. Considering it's a comedy about metal detecting, it wasn't half bad.

Back